Mcgaughys Or Belltech?

tattoo

I have a 2003 SS and are considering a drop kit using spindles . My question is who makes the best set up for the money McGaughys or Belltech?

Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance....

Edited by Tattoo (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

Six in one, half dozen in the other. I have some Belltech spindles on order and read a lot of good reviews about them, I already have Belltech's shackles in the back and street performance shocks and both are great. I will use Belltech again for my sway bar upgrades in the near future.

McG's here cuz their pateneted design allows you to maintain your front suspension integrity thus able to achieve a true front end alignment. Up to you though.....

http://www.mcgaughys.com/chevyhighperformance1.html

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

As of right now it's roughly a 2" front, 3" rear drop. Belltech shackles in the rear and torsion bars turned down a little less than 2" up front, but i'm changing that with the spindles. It handles okay, it got better with the Belltech Street Performance shocks and I hope it improves a bit more with the spindles instead of my torsion bars being cranked as far as they are

Edited by JasonHensley22 (see edit history)

Belltech. Some members had issues with Mcgaughies but they might have fixed that. However I would still go with Belltech. The most I would go 2/2 if I ever lowered my SS. But anymore the other guys on the sight might will have better feedback. :chevrolet:

Guest JasonHensley22

They may not offer anything lower as a whole kit, you might have to make your own. How low are you looking to go? If your looking for a lowering setup like mine all you need are 2" drop spindles and 2-3" shackles, and thats all a kit includes usually. Also, some kits include shocks, and I would recommend upgrading those as well if you have a little extra $$$.