Bought Another Truck :)

RICE EATER

well...i bought another truck last week off the internet...site unseen..and had it shiped to me...long story short ive been alil nervous..but i think i got a hell of a deal...anyways after sweating my ass off ..it was delivered to me today and i feel like a giddy school girl..lol ofcouse i found a few flaws..nothin huge..a small chip in the windshield..a lil chip on the front bumper and a lil knick in the back seat leather..but thats it so far...but the truck over all seems extreamly clean ..smells like new..come to find out the owner had custom wheels and kept them..so they put a set of brand new denali wheels on it..so thats a plus...has a roll up cover on the bed which i havent played with yet to see if i like it..with a rhino liner which i thought it was a snap in ...also didnt know it had a corsa exaust which is great!! light tinted windows..and might have a highlight upgrade they seemed to have alil blue in them..not sure what they are yet tho..

only a couple things that bug me..the nav doesnt have the dvd so im guessing il have to buy one..il see if i can get the dealer to give me one...im guessing they will...being an 2008 do i have to have a nav cd in it all the time? and cant use a cd at the same time? havent had a change to dig in to it yet..and the other thing that im pissed about is it doesnt have a backup camera which is my fault..i figured all denalis with nav had a back up camera.. but im assuming i can add one in to the factory nav pretty easy...hopefully its prewired for it ...but all in all im extreamly happy with the truck i got a smoking deal on it..it drives like a dream..way smoother ride and more power then i was expecting!!...soo now i just gotta figure out what im gonna start with for mods being a totaly different platform

310357_130841590347559_100002651556892_161312_145931006_n.jpg

310817_130840670347651_100002651556892_161310_767321453_n.jpg

297919_130840973680954_100002651556892_161311_49549055_n.jpg

:thumbs: Very nice! Still got the SSS too?

thanks guys... yep still have the SSS..but i think im gonna push selling it now that i have another truck...ive only ever posted on the forum forsale i reallllly wanted it to go to another forum member..but il think i might make a autotrader and or ebay add for in soon...then i can finish my 69 camaro..and long travel sand rail..orrrr might have alil fun with the denali...a TT or blown denali could be fun...altho i should probly just leave it alone and finish the other projects..lol easier said then done tho haha

thanks guys... yep still have the SSS..but i think im gonna push selling it now that i have another truck...ive only ever posted on the forum forsale i reallllly wanted it to go to another forum member..but il think i might make a autotrader and or ebay add for in soon...then i can finish my 69 camaro..and long travel sand rail..orrrr might have alil fun with the denali...a TT or blown denali could be fun...altho i should probly just leave it alone and finish the other projects..lol easier said then done tho haha

Autotrader is a good way to sell your truck. It only took 2 days for my last truck to sell but be ready for A LOT of dumb asses calling you asking if you'll take 8k for the truck.

BTW I love your new truck it's nice.

Edited by Ruben525 (see edit history)

Depending on the NAV head unit, there are two of them, there should be a separate slot for the NAV DVD. The whole front of the NAV face flips open to expose the NAV slot. You likely have the same unit that's in my wife's Tahoe, so chances are this is the case. Like you said, the system is already pre-wired for the backup camera. If you want to keep the factory NAV, you'll have to do your homework. One of the 2 NAV units does not support the vid input, the other does. So, you'll have to pull your codes and part numbers to make sure (if you want to stay with the stock stuff).

Nice truck! :thumbsup: I am slowly falling in love with my '11 SD (still not the SS). I absolutely hate the factory tune w/ the 6 speed and can't stand the 3.42 setup. The truck screams for a TVS1900/2300. Other than that... :dbanana:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...