AWD Dyno

dcairns

the power from n20 will come on down low if u arm it then punch it from a stop of course it has to be at wot or damage could occur. i under stand about always wanting a blower i just think n20 is more suited to the ss trucks. i know this is like comparing appels to oranges but i thought of a s/c for the zo6 till i found out how much it was gonna cost the basic kit's are not to pricey but the installation and tunning involved to get it done right was 9k+ every where.. and i wasnt about to slap it on in the drive way and hope for the best lol... hope you dont find the same thing with these trucks . that was my main reason for n20 it doesnt make as much daily fun but its a blast at the track and not as many tunning issues

I can handle some of the "tech" questions.

GM doesn't make a stock head that will lower the compression. The 6 liter head has the largest combustion chamber in the Gen III family. So to get compression down, you will have to have a set of heads ported. This will be good in that it will also increase airflow. To get copmpression down to 9:1 with the stock LQ9 short block, you will need to add about 10 cc to each chamber. That is a pretty big increase. a 5cc addition will get you to 9.5:1 which will be OK if you are running intercooled boost. The other way is to use some dished pistons, like was mentioned above. Heads will be the easiest since they can be done with the motor still in the truck. For pistons, you'd have to pull the motor.

My opinion: (Easy Recipe for a 12 second SS)

(1) 2003 silverado SS

(1 set) Arizona Speed Marine headers with exhaust

(1) Yank Truck Thruster 3000 torque converter

(1 bottle) Nitrous Express wet kit (or TNT, your preference)

(optional) Comp cam and springs

(kit) UPD intake or similar

(1 can) LS1 edit

(To taste) Misc bolt-ons

In fact, I think it will be real close to the 13s with full bolt ons and converter without the nitrous.

Richard

Archived