Convert To 6-Speed?

I've been doing a lot of reading around the internet, in various places. I just can't seem to find the information that I'm looking for. My question is basic, but complicated at the same time. I have an 06 Intimidator. They only came with the 4-speed automatic. I want to know if it's possible to swap a 6-speed into it. Whether it would be a 6L80 (automatic) or a Tremec T-56 (manual). Are either possible? I know that both will fit on the 6.0L, but what kind of modifications would need to be done? If putting a Tremec in is possible, how would you install a clutch pedal? The main thing I would be worried about is the electrical system. Anyone have any information on this? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but if it has, I sure can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Long story short, No, our trucks brain isnt compatible with the 6L80, and yes one member has converted his truck to a manual(4 IIRC) but could never keep his clutch from breaking i believe, these trucks are just too heavy.

better just to swap in a 4L80 or just beef up your existing transmission or buy a built one.

Yes it is possible to convert the 2wd SSS's to a T56, kellyperformance did the swap I believe and he tried a number of very heavy duty clutch's and everyone burned up due to the weight of the truck. I'm sure it would work for a while but it would get old changing the clutch all the time.

If you have an Intimidatory why mess with cutting holes and screwing with things? I would do bolt ons but no hacking due to the fact these trucks might be worth something down the line due to their limited run, but its your truck you do what you want.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you have an Intimidatory why mess with cutting holes and screwing with things? I would do bolt ons but no hacking due to the fact these trucks might be worth something down the line due to their limited run, but its your truck you do what you want.

You have an awesome point. I've thought about that as well. From what I've been told by all of you, and several others, I would probably be better off with a shift kit and servos for the transmission that is already in it. I suppose a supercharger/turbocharger and exhaust system is going to be at the top of my list.

:squintnoeswerdrun:

That will be a sad sight to see an Intimidator hacked up for something that wont work. Im with you kissfan, these trucks will be worth something in the future. The only wannabe SS truck I see being made in the next 20 years is the Fastlane 427, in my opinion. Chevy probably will make a Sport edition similar to the SIerra Pro Sport, but not an SS. One again in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I am all into Modding the truck but to the point were you can easily return it to stock, I was never and still am not a fan hacking something up to make a part fit.I am glad your having second thoughts and a 6spd would have been nice in these trucks.