Need New Shocks All The Way Around

myblack04ss

I installed Bilsteins in my truck several years (and 30,000 miles) ago. I have been very satisfied. Not sure how they compare price-wise to Belltech. Also, if you're lowered, I think Bilsteins are only available for stock height trucks.

Every opinion is different as each region has different road conditions due to snow and use of sand/salt/volcanic ash for traction in the snow. With that said I would only choose the Bilstein's like Hankg42, Edelbrock IAS (however they are $134 apiece but probably the best on the market) or just stay with the stock z60 suspension. Ive heard bad things about the belltech shocks, but that is only from people who live in my region. Others seem to like them alot.

Im having a tough time deciding which I will get as I will need new ones, the Edelbrocks have a valve that opens when the road is bumpy and oil softens the ride and when the road is smooth the valve closes and firms the ride up. Bilstein's I will probably get as they are very good product and firms the ride up, or I might even stay stock z60 to keep the truck 100% OEM.

I have Bilsteins. Honestly, I don't like them. I would try Edelbrocks, or Belltechs. That's just my opinion though. I know a lot of guys on here love them. I really noticed how bad they were when I rode passenger, without my contacts in so I could not brace for the bumps.

ok so wich ones are perfect for stock height is it going to b

Belltech Street Performance

or

Edelbrocks

Edelbrocks no question in my opinion. Belltech is a pioneer in lowering trucks business. Their equipment is known for lowering vehicles. Im not saying their product wont work on stock height, but Edelbrock has their product designed to fit stock height, I even spoke to them on the phone about the IAS shock. Bilstein or Edelbrock imo.

• 2 months later...