Best Pricing On Z06 Upgrade

SSmoothSilSS

Ok, I searched, alot of guys advertising are not adding the part numbers, I'm not sure that every year is the same, blah blah blah. Anyway I'm looking in piece by piece buy for the front upgrade Z06 caliper set up, who has the best price on calipers and rotors, the Baer rotors and not advertised with the part numbers also.

Thanks for the help.

Paid $900.00 for all 4 calipers. Have part numbers for everything but the Baer rotors if you need them.

Were did you buy the calipers? I see alot on line just no one is posting the part numbers with them. And I have a the part numbers for the Baer rotors, is the best price throught Baer.com? They are not posting part numbers on there site so I guess I have to call. them.

Clay

I found 4 corvette grand sports for $1000. They are gray and look like they would match the truck nicely.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/2541886400.html

Thanks SS Truck, I'm looking for Red, and I going to be piece milling this together over a few months because of cost, fronts first. but Justin is looking for the Gray.

Clay

Ill try to get all of the parts/numbers/sources for my vette brake kit in a few days and post up some pics on Rudys how to thread. Right now I'm up to my elbows in assholes so it'll prob be later in the week. B/t calipers, pads, pins, rotors, lines, brackets, etc, etc, I never did get more than one item from any given distributor. If you have questions, fire away. Otherwise I'll get back to you on this later.

Were did you buy the calipers? I see alot on line just no one is posting the part numbers with them. And I have a the part numbers for the Baer rotors, is the best price throught Baer.com? They are not posting part numbers on there site so I guess I have to call. them.

Clay

I got them off of Ebay. As far as the rotors, send supersub a PM, that is where I got mine and I think he gets them at a good price.

Ill try to get all of the parts/numbers/sources for my vette brake kit in a few days and post up some pics on Rudys how to thread. Right now I'm up to my elbows in assholes so it'll prob be later in the week. B/t calipers, pads, pins, rotors, lines, brackets, etc, etc, I never did get more than one item from any given distributor. If you have questions, fire away. Otherwise I'll get back to you on this later.

Thanks, any info will help, I have the new Caliper GM part numbers, RR 19211015 RL 19211016 FL 19211018 FR 19211017

I got them off of Ebay. As far as the rotors, send supersub a PM, that is where I got mine and I think he gets them at a good price.

Great thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys!! Been awhile since I last posted which I could give you all a bunch of excuses but I will not. The thing is now I am back & ready to start on some mods for 03 SS. The first mod I want to start on is this Z06 brake upgrade. I have been reading this post the last couple of days & the "how to" post also. So, questions I have, I want to to use the Corvette Grand Sport Calipers. Does this change anything & how could I get the part numbers for those? For the rotors, I guess I need to talk to supersub, but I also noticed on baer, there are a couple different eradispeed rotors, plus 1 & plus 2. Which ones are the ones I need & also can I go with 15" rotors in the rear or is 14" the max? The bracketts I also know I need to talk to rudy about getting. Since I am a newbie, I am not sure if I can PM anyone. Brake lines, which ones are you guys upgrading to & I would like to know which factory brake pads I should use? A lot of guys I see have the Hawk, but I would like to stick with the factory pads at first so if any one has the part numbers for those also. Like I said, I am glad to be back & start getting your guys opinion. Any help you guys could give would be much appreciated with out bending over backwards. Shoot me a PM.

Thanks Again

Chad

Using the Grand Sport calipers shouldn't be a problem. According to this website they are the same just different colors. A Google search came up with a few Corvette forum guys asking the same question and every time everyone agreed that they are the same. While I don't have the part numbers for the Grand Sport calipers, they shouldn't be too hard to find. If you have a problem finding them let me know.

For the rear rotors 14" is the max you can use with my brackets and I would advise not going any bigger regardless. By using a larger rotor or caliper with more pistons in the rear it may throw the bias way off. You then have to install an aftermarket proportioning valve and reduce the rear brake bias and cancel out any benefit you received by using a larger rotor or more piston calipers. There are others that may have a different opinion as to the effect of a larger rear rotor or more piston caliper but that is a whole other discussion.

For the rotors, The Eradispeed plus 1 or plus 2 will both work for the front. They are the same size, 15", but the plus 1 is a one-piece rotor while the plus 2 rotor is a two-piece rotor. Be forewarned, the plus 2 rotors are about twice the price of plus 1 rotors.

For the brake lines, a lot of guys are running the Earls lines, but last I heard, Earls stopped making them. Goodridge is supposed to be really good. Russell makes them as well and I know a few guys run those. I don't remember who made them, but someone had a kit that came with zinc coated steel washers I believe. Well the washers corroded or rusted or something and suddenly gave out one day. That is also part of the reason I say to use the GM Z06 crush washers.

For the factory pads, I don't really know anything about them. Once again, the part number shouldn't be too hard to find, but if you have trouble, let me know.

I sent you a pm on pricing.