From Upstate Newyork

timlou

I was new to the site about 3 weeks ago. I just bought my 04 Silverado SS in PA. I had an 08 Crew Cab coming off lease and wanted something more fun. The truck has a full Gibson exhaust, Volant intake, and it's been completely blacked out. I am in the market for some stock wheels, and I just bought a set of stock air ducts (mine are painted black) to break up the black a little. The wheels on the truck are awesome but I LOVE the stock wheels. It's lowered front a rear, and it has a great stance. The truck will be my daily driver year round. I also have a 1969 Camaro SS Big Block (it's badged 427 but it's actually a 468) with a Tremec TKO 600 5-Speed. I completed a full restoration in August of 08. It's my 3rd 69 Camaro, I have had 3 modern Camaro's (a 95, 99, and a 2000 SS) and 2 1967 Chevelle's, one convertible one original SS car with a 496 stroker. I am an avid Chevy guy and I am thrilled to find this website. I have been on it at least once a day since I joined.

Thanks,

Tim

post-23117-023869700 1315877589_thumb.jpg

Guest JasonHensley22

Welcome to the site bud! :pepsicheer: , your truck looks pretty nice. Check the For Sale/Wanted forum, I believe someone just put up a set of stock SS wheels for sale.

Also, we need some pics of the 69 too!

Welcome to the site bud! :pepsicheer: , your truck looks pretty nice. Check the For Sale/Wanted forum, I believe someone just put up a set of stock SS wheels for sale.

Also, we need some pics of the 69 too!

Here is a picture of my Camaro from the Goodguys show at Lowes Motor speedway in 09, I painted it 06 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue. The resto included brakes (disc conversion) QA1 Coil over front end, stripped the body bare and replaced a few panels. It still has the original interrior, floors, and trunk. It was a small block SS car I converted it to a Rat! Fun car.

post-23117-033060300 1315889156_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site from a chowdah head! Where did you get a set of both ducts? I might be interested in yours as I might paint them back to the original color or another theme Im thinking...Also how is the Gibson cat back? Loved it on the 5300 vortecs but never heard them on the 6000LQ9. Any sound clips by any chance and what exhaust is it? Dual extreme side, dual rear exit, or single side exit? I was thinking of trying to mock up the extreme sport but that exceeds 95 decibals and cops around here....Welcome to the site :chevrolet:

Guest JasonHensley22

Here is a picture of my Camaro from the Goodguys show at Lowes Motor speedway in 09, I painted it 06 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue. The resto included brakes (disc conversion) QA1 Coil over front end, stripped the body bare and replaced a few panels. It still has the original interrior, floors, and trunk. It was a small block SS car I converted it to a Rat! Fun car.

Wow man the Maro looks really nice!

I found both ducts on ebay, but from different sellers. I should have them installed by this weekend. The Gibson system is really nice, it has Gibson headers and a full exhaust. I'm not sure of the exact style but it has 2 large (I guess 3") tips that come out behind the right rear. It's not loud, but it has a great rumble.

Welcome to the site from a chowdah head! Where did you get a set of both ducts? I might be interested in yours as I might paint them back to the original color or another theme Im thinking...Also how is the Gibson cat back? Loved it on the 5300 vortecs but never heard them on the 6000LQ9. Any sound clips by any chance and what exhaust is it? Dual extreme side, dual rear exit, or single side exit? I was thinking of trying to mock up the extreme sport but that exceeds 95 decibals and cops around here....Welcome to the site :chevrolet:

Ya thats the dual rear. The other setup I was speaking of was the same, just had the tips behind the rear wheels on each side. It indeed does have a nice rumble and no drone from when I drove it. Doesnt draw attention but can produce a nice roar when maxxed. I believe they are 3"inch tips. I want to go Corsa but wont happen 4 awhile so im thinking something like the Gibson as something to settle for in the meantime. With those headers Im sure it sounds alot nicer, only had the cat back on the Z-71 :chevrolet: