Dexcool Antifreeze ?

mr84ss

whats up fam. i just bought my 04 ss the other day. my question is ive always heard the orange stuff was worst than the green antifreeze. has anybody switched to the green antifreeze or is the dexcool ok for thesse truck. thanks for advice. i rather ask questions than learn the hard way

Dexa-Cool adds a coating to the inside of the cooling system from what im told, also you're able to run it longer than normal green, however there is a draw back to dexa-cool, it's corrosive, fairly, on these trucks as long as you flush them and maintain the system you should be fine, I was working on a 97 Tahoe, 5.7L all that jazz and one of the sensors I was trying to replace broke off, this one was directly in contact with the coolant.

If you wish to flush your system and go green, I'd do it during summer and flush it out with pure water, when it finally drains clear, go green. or go orange, either why is good.

I am curious what coolant the Supercharger guys are running? green or orange?

Their was a thread about coolant servicing, mentioning not to use a machine that uses solvents. I believe it said you were supposed to flush the system both forwards and backwards and use the same fluid you intend on running in the truck for the flush (so your flushing your coolant system with the same prodcut you will run). Ive been trying to find the thread for 2 hours but still no luck.