3 Lane Throwdown

SilverBulletSS

Well here it is, my first kill story, and 3 in one night!! Little back drop, left my mom's house about half an hour ago, about a quarter of the way home I get caught at a red light. See a NNBS Silverado ready to make a left in cross traffic and he's eying me. Makes his turn and takes off like a bat outta hell, so naturally I chase him down as soon as i get the green. We end up at a light together and he's looking over smirking not realizing i'm giving him the death stare through my tints. He stalls up, light turns green, I mash the gas, spin the tires and say goodbye. This happens a few times. Now we're at alight and a few vehicles turn in the direction we're racing in from cross traffic, get the green and adios, switch through the few cars and the road opens from 2 lanes to 3 and i come to a stop at the red light. Look left, Nissan Titan V8, look right, Toyota Tundra V8, look in the rear view and there's the Chevy, from stoplight to stoplight here it's only maybe 600ft give or take, so not thinking anything light goes green and i just coast to the next light. Now comes the fun part, in 100 yards the right lane merges in making our 3 lane blacktop 2 lanes, both imports are biting at the bit, lurching forward, teasing me to go big or go home. Now i have a tendency to watch the cross traffic lights to time myself. Cross traffic goes yellow and I prepare to unleash hell. Our light goes green, I stomp on the loud pedal, trucks tires go loose, she slides left, then right peelout.gif, the pavement is screaming bloody murder. I hook, rocket boosters engaged, and I'm gone, look down and I'm at almost 90mph, look in the rear view and see all the "challengers" nose in the air struggling to keep up, I let off let her coast back to the legal limit and wave to the losers as they pass me while I'm making my right turn to head home. yellow_loser.gif

The SSS Gods were smiling upon me tonight!

For anyone that lives in the chicago suburbs, this took down from Golf Rd and Elmhurst Rd. all the way to Golf Rd. and Algonquin Rd. I really hope I'm not the only SSS guy out here???

Edited by SilverBulletSS (see edit history)

The guy who owned the SSS before now owns a Tundra, we've actually become good friends. He caught me at a home depot earlier this year and recognized his old SSS. He swears the Tundra is faster, I may have to challenge him to a line up and show him who's BOSS!

Mods so far that I know of, Magnaflow cat back, Magnaflow High flow cats, and a Spectre CAI. The truck also has cutouts on it, the CAI is the only thing i've added since I bought it. The original owner told me he still has the hypertech layin around somewhere. Claims he put the truck back to stock when he gave it back. Governor is on, but the truck shifts so hard it can break the tires loose on a wide open 1-2 shift.

Mods so far that I know of, Magnaflow cat back, Magnaflow High flow cats, and a Spectre CAI. The truck also has cutouts on it, the CAI is the only thing i've added since I bought it. The original owner told me he still has the hypertech layin around somewhere. Claims he put the truck back to stock when he gave it back. Governor is on, but the truck shifts so hard it can break the tires loose on a wide open 1-2 shift.

Awesome kills. Got to love the 2wd burnouts. My ss would bark 2nd with traction control off when it was stock. Thats just the power of the rwd

Awesome kills. Got to love the 2wd burnouts. My ss would bark 2nd with traction control off when it was stock. Thats just the power of the rwd

My old Z28 used to when it was stock also, after the shift kit it would bark third also. I remember the first time the truck broke em loose at WOT, I was so shocked such a heavy vehicle could do that. Now I do it constantly. 2 wheels burnouts are awesome, just like my member title says.

nice man. ive had a few of those 3 lane races down the turnpike back when i drove my truck everyday lolll. i had a few of these last year comming home from track nights. it was between me, my freind in his bolt on c5, my freind on his bike, a bmw m5, and a modded evo on the highway. lets just say we got home in about half of the normal time LOL. fun stuff for sure peelout.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ur definately not the only one in the area, ive been around and am moving to streamwood next week. Once my trucks out of the shop, im sure well run into each other eventually

I'm sure we will, I'm working in McHenry right now, Lake in the Hills to be exact. I worked in streamwood last year. We should put a meet together before it gets really bad out??