Help The Sss Is Acting Wierd

rickyrick562

Hello all my truck is making a ticking noise inside it sounds like its in the dash hasty anyone had this problem or know what it is u can't hear with the radio and its not that loud

Thanks for any feedback I don't wanna take it to a stealership without having some kinda idea what it might be

Hello all my truck is making a ticking noise inside it sounds like its in the dash hasty anyone had this problem or know what it is u can't hear with the radio and its not that loud

Thanks for any feedback I don't wanna take it to a stealership without having some kinda idea what it might be

Not trying to thread jack but is your A.C. when it start making this weird noise coming from under the steering wheel area? Mine starting doing that last year... Super annoying...

Not trying to thread jack but is your A.C. when it start making this weird noise coming from under the steering wheel area? Mine starting doing that last year... Super annoying...

But it sounds like its coming from the passenger side how much is it to get it fixed if it is the A.C.

Your description of the problem is a bit vague. Does it make noise with the AC on or off? Is it worse when the fan is on high, versus low? Do you think it's HVAC related at all, or do you suspect something else? A bit more description may make diagnosis a little easier.

Its the motor that controls how much air comes out of your ac. It should only do it when your fan is on a high setting. Try turning your fan speed down a click or 2 and that should make it go away. Mine did this the whole time I owned it! Its not worth fixing.

Your description of the problem is a bit vague. Does it make noise with the AC on or off? Is it worse when the fan is on high, versus low? Do you think it's HVAC related at all, or do you suspect something else? A bit more description may make diagnosis a little easier.

It does it whether the ac is on or not but it sounds like if it were to be in the glove box but I already checked it out

Does your truck have the split temp control? If it does when you move the left temp up or down does the sound go away or change. You might have a problem with the temp actuator motor or door or both. Remove your Instrument cluster and it should be on your right.

Does your truck have the split temp control? If it does when you move the left temp up or down does the sound go away or change. You might have a problem with the temp actuator motor or door or both. Remove your Instrument cluster and it should be on your right.

yup its a manual control so what is it exactly what i have to do im srry im only 17 but good with mechanics so i can do it my self

163_0310_04z+2003_chevrolet_silverado_ss+dash_view.jpg

Directly under the radio you have the control to adjust the temp of the air coming into the truck. It starts red at the top and fades to blue at the bottom. The issue I had only occurred when the sliding adjustment was all the way hot or all the way cold. Try just putting the slider in the middle of the blue area and see if the sound goes away. After that you can fine tune it to set your AC as cold as possible without the sound occurring. Good luck!

163_0310_04z+2003_chevrolet_silverado_ss+dash_view.jpg

Directly under the radio you have the control to adjust the temp of the air coming into the truck. It starts red at the top and fades to blue at the bottom. The issue I had only occurred when the sliding adjustment was all the way hot or all the way cold. Try just putting the slider in the middle of the blue area and see if the sound goes away. After that you can fine tune it to set your AC as cold as possible without the sound occurring. Good luck!

kool i will just put it in the middle for now and see if it stops