Pulled The Motor On My 57 Bel Air

BlueAKSSS

Well my 1957 Bel Air project car is going to get a LS transplant and hopefully a Tremec T56. So I advertised the old school 396 big block that was in the car and someone wanted to buy it. So out it came! I was amazed how fast I got it pulled out roughly 3 hours of not rushing and taking my time with it. I've pulled and installed a number of motors and this one was super easy!! It was probably because of all the super loose bolts that I found.... happysad.gif Here's the pics of this crusty, oily, cammed BBC.

DSC_0145Small.jpg

DSC_0149Small.jpg

DSC_0151Small.jpg

DSC_0152Small.jpg

DSC_0154Small.jpg

DSC_0156Small.jpg

DSC_0157Small.jpg

DSC_0158Small.jpg

DSC_0160Small.jpg

DSC_0161Small.jpg

DSC_0163Small.jpg

DSC_0164Small.jpg

Guest JasonHensley22

Wow someone jumped on that quick huh? No surprise on the loose bolts, when I removed the bumper off of it at least half of those bolts were kinda loose. You call Northwest and see if they have any 6.0's?

Nice!

You know I'm interested in your project because of mine. Looks like your making progress. Keep us updated.

Oh and you wanna borrow my LS376 and 6 speed Tremec :)

Which LS are you looking into?

Doug

I'd like to find a used LS2 but I think all I will be able to find around here without paying an arm and a leg is a used 6.0L LQ4 or LQ9. I would be pretty happy with that in this car. And sure I'll borrow your LS376 and 6 Speed anytime!!! biggrinjester.gif

Jason- I'll wait till I have the cash in hand to buy a motor. LOL

how much would u take for the 57 got cash

Well my 1957 Bel Air project car is going to get a LS transplant and hopefully a Tremec T56. So I advertised the old school 396 big block that was in the car and someone wanted to buy it. So out it came! I was amazed how fast I got it pulled out roughly 3 hours of not rushing and taking my time with it. I've pulled and installed a number of motors and this one was super easy!! It was probably because of all the super loose bolts that I found.... happysad.gif Here's the pics of this crusty, oily, cammed BBC.

DSC_0145Small.jpg

DSC_0149Small.jpg

DSC_0151Small.jpg

DSC_0152Small.jpg

DSC_0154Small.jpg

DSC_0156Small.jpg

DSC_0157Small.jpg

DSC_0158Small.jpg

DSC_0160Small.jpg

DSC_0161Small.jpg

DSC_0163Small.jpg

DSC_0164Small.jpg