Odo Correction?

Miller812

alright so as alot of you know i have low miles on my truck a little over 21k now and i traded clusters and it has around 85 on it and i was wondering if there was someone out there that can correct this for me. i will pay to have it corrected so i dont lose value on my truck. any help is greatly appreciated.

I tried the dealer and they told me they couldn't do it unless it was on a brand new one bought from them. Two dealers from different towns told me that. I can't find anyone that can do it around here. Its frustrating

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

a tuner could do it for you

like wheatley? i read that the odometer is only stored in the cluster itself and not the pcm. ill email mr. wheatley and see if he can do it thatd be awesome if he could. i found a guy on ebay thatll do it for 120 but that seems a little high to me.

Damn, sorry to hear about this. I got my odometer fixed when it was stuck over 120mph+. After the fix the gas guage went as I filled up the tank at Sunoco and the gas was stuck on E with the light on, brought it back immediately and they had a new one on order. Im guessing you bought the truck privately? I would personally have the dealer do it, a truck with low miles as yours wouldnt want any questions being brought up. Have you kept track of your milage since it crapped the bed? If a tuner can do it try it out. Good luck bud. :chevrolet:

I thought I read that also. So since my dealer wont do it is there anyone with a dealer that would if I shipped it to you. I can also email a copy of my title spring that it only had 14500 when I purchased it 8-9 months ago. I'm not trying to scam the system just trying to get my odo back to my orig

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Im with Fireman, no tuner can change your milage or not allowed to do so. I know my dealership had to swap my milage out twice as I had the cluster replaced twice. However the owner wanted to purcahse my truck so I dont know if they were being nice or can actually do it. PM me and I can give you info to the purchasing dealership, and the one that took over. The purchasing dealership just moved down the road but they are a GMC/Caddy/ Hummer dealer. Had my cluster fixed at the newer dealer.

edit - If a tuner could change the milage I would be kinda weary as to actual milage on some trucks. For instance replacing the steering wheel is an issue here in MA as it will show up as the airbags have been deployed somehow, it was explained to me at the dealership.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

Just buy a new gauge cluster at the dealership, tell them the mileage your truck is suppose to have and your problem is solved. I don't think a new cluster is very expensive.

I just bought a new cluster the other day from the dealer for $260, theres some company in Cali who now makes them for Chevy. It was $260 and got here the very next morning.