Need Rca Outputs From Stock Harness

2quik4u

I want to splice into the stock speaker lines for an amp and single sub. I was wondering where is the best place to splice in and what color wires should i splice into. I assume under the console storage is the best place to access the wires? I want the rest of the stereo to work normal. I have a 2003 SSS with Bose. Thanks.

I want to splice into the stock speaker lines for an amp and single sub. I was wondering where is the best place to splice in and what color wires should i splice into. I assume under the console storage is the best place to access the wires? I want the rest of the stereo to work normal. I have a 2003 SSS with Bose. Thanks.

choose any two channels to splice into ( I would prefer the rear speakers) , I take it you already know about having to purchase the converter.... just make sure you splice in after the amp. i would go under the console to make hiding everything easier..

http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4123 - wiring diagram.

Edited by J.R.* (see edit history)

choose any two channels to splice into ( I would prefer the rear speakers) , I take it you already know about having to purchase the converter.... just make sure you splice in after the amp. i would go under the console to make hiding everything easier..

http://crutchfield.c...etail/a_id/4123 - wiring diagram.

i thought the converter was only needed when changing the headunit. The amp i am using for the sub has a high or low volume input.

i thought the converter was only needed when changing the headunit. The amp i am using for the sub has a high or low volume input.

I have never used it on a amp that had one, I still bought the converter to rca, you can try it and let me know how it sounds, I would think the converter and rca would sound better. I have installed systems on bose stere's and monsoon systems and boston acoustics and plenty more... I have never not used a RCA converter, for a stock H.U. hook-up...

You can't tag onto the rear speakers for sub signal, the rears are high pass filtered and you won't have any bass.

The sub has two channels, just need those for signal. If your amp has speaker level inputs then you go directly to the sub wiring in the center console.

If your amp doesn't have speaker level input, then you need a hi-level convertor. tag the factory sub wires to that and run an rca to the amp.