Stereo Stays On With Ignition Key Off

Brangus

I've owned my SSS for 7 years now and for the last year or so my Radio has stayed on with the ignition off and the door open. It would stay on for a few seconds and shut off. Ocasionally I would come back out to the truck and hour later and the radio would be on. Last week I went out to the truck and the battery was dead. I figured the thing was about four years old and with this texas heat and it was time to get a new one. Installed a new batt and now after about 30 ignition cycles the problem seems to have gone away. Does having a FULLY charged batt make a difference? Or am I just lucky? Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?

P.S. I have a pioneer flat screen which was installed over three years ago. Had an attempted theft recovery 2 1/2 years ago where they tore up the column pretty good had to have both the switch and the stereo replaced.

Your stereo interface adapter is bad.

You just need to test acc output at the deck, which is probably staying on instead of shutting down with rap.

Thanks for the quick reply. Bummer though, I need to find a new installer in San Antonio.

Yup, the lights go out as advertised. Actually it hasn't occured since I changed the battery. Seems to have gone away. Weird.

that sounds more like a BCM issue. over the years GM has had issue with the BCM not switching components off when programmed to. one major issue was battery's going dead. most times the fix was to have the BCM reflashed and it took care of the problem. replacing/disconnecting the battery may have reset the BCM. if any more issue IMO i would get the BCM checked or reflashed..

good luck..