Wtb: Rear Bumper Cover

johnstownhotrodsinc

I think I saw one of these on eBay the other day, check there bud!

i saw those also, but i didnt see the top plastic piece.....and id like to get a blue one so i dont have to paint it at all or at least before winter...

Guest JasonHensley22

I see why you would want a blue one so you don't have to paint it, but even though it's the same color it may not match due to age and location it's been in (like the desert where the sun beats down on it) so it might be better to get a black one and have it painted, but that will be more money...

Yep, I just replaced the front and rear on my 03 VR SS and the bumpers were 400$ plus freight from the company on Ebay and then another 650 to paint them and they match the rest of the cladding perfectly. Our trucks VR paint code dates back to 89 by the way. So I am tossing out the old front and rear bumbers. Mine did not have step pads. The rear bumper I do not think you could save it is pretty hacked up ( I own a marina and I am dumb ass and do not have a back up camera installed) with an 8" long split in the center you are wlecome to it plus shipping if you want to try it. The front one is useable but has some good scratches in it needs a repaint.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by David S (see edit history)

thanks but no thanks....the one i got my wifes dog chewed along the edge of the top plastic part and some on the painted and then chewed the license plate lights off....so the one i have i can use but i guess im gonna have to fiberglass and paint the whole bumper and the top step pad....who knows may look good all blue, maybe smooth it all out shave the license plate lights off and mold the top step to the bumper for one solid piece

Yep, I just replaced the front and rear on my 03 VR SS and the bumpers were 400$ plus freight from the company on Ebay and then another 650 to paint them and they match the rest of the cladding perfectly. Our trucks VR paint code dates back to 89 by the way. So I am tossing out the old front and rear bumbers. Mine did not have step pads. The rear bumper I do not think you could save it is pretty hacked up ( I own a marina and I am dumb ass and do not have a back up camera installed) with an 8" long split in the center you are wlecome to it plus shipping if you want to try it. The front one is useable but has some good scratches in it needs a repaint.

Regards,

Dave

thanks but no thanks....the one i got my wifes dog chewed along the edge of the top plastic part and some on the painted and then chewed the license plate lights off....so the one i have i can use but i guess im gonna have to fiberglass and paint the whole bumper and the top step pad....who knows may look good all blue, maybe smooth it all out shave the license plate lights off and mold the top step to the bumper for one solid piece

I have a plain rear bumper cover for sale and have bed. Pieces. And front fender for sale pm me