Dissapointed In The Ss

alex.t

IDC? X2 on injectors, I have a procharger in mine and I was leaning mine out at around 5200rpm's. That's with a walbro pump and boost pump. Pumps also may be something you'll want to look into down the road... my 2cents

If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, than it needed to be fixed anyways...

100%+ Injector Duty Cycle... so long as proper AFR is being reached. In most cases the 100%+ IDC keeps fueling proper. It is not until the motor starts to lean out that shit happens. I am not trying to say that the OP does not need new injectors, simply that maxed out IDC do not kill E.T.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have an wideband O2 gauge? If not I would get one if you plan on running the stock injectors.

We all know Wheatley locks his tunes, but something is fishy with it. Are you tuned with autocal, or mailorder?

You have a lot on the table that has been lost (2 seconds or so) and to me with the stall and cam alone you should have been in the mid 14's atleast in that temp.

i dont have a 02 gauge, im running a mailorder right now ,, i had a big **** around last yr with autocal so i didnt wanna use it anymore plus theres no one here really to help with autocal when something goes wrong. im gonna try and get some logs this wknd and see wat the hell is goin on .

<br /><br />

<br />

Agreed.<br />

<br />

sent from my thunderbolt<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I see what ur saying special, that makes Sence. U may be running lean with the injectors, but ur still going to be running the same times( if the injectors are indeed mated out). Thanks for clearing that up. If that is what u were saying.lol

If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, than it needed to be fixed anyways...

100+ IDC is not going to kill track times,

Question, lets say his shift points are set at 6400 rpm 1-2....and hes seeing 100% duty cycle at 6000 rpm how will that not effect performance?? Therefor if you lower his shift points down to 6000 rpm your leaving the rest of the power band that cam would essentially make left on the table. Again not trying to challenge your ability in tuning but curious.

At the end of the day, to ask why you ran so poorly with the mods you have is a very broad question. Obvious that I can see is the 22's and weather conditions. Other than that its time to start at the bottom and work your way up as far as troubleshooting.

Question, lets say his shift points are set at 6400 rpm 1-2....and hes seeing 100% duty cycle at 6000 rpm how will that not effect performance?? Therefor if you lower his shift points down to 6000 rpm your leaving the rest of the power band that cam would essentially make left on the table. Again not trying to challenge your ability in tuning but curious.

At the end of the day, to ask why you ran so poorly with the mods you have is a very broad question. Obvious that I can see is the 22's and weather conditions. Other than that its time to start at the bottom and work your way up as far as troubleshooting.

IDC are based on the ability of the injector to fill the cylinder in the available time that the intake valve is open. Smaller injectors need more time to accomplish this. bigger need less time, hence why we upgrade to bigger injectors. When IDC approaches and exceeds 100%, that simply means that the PCM is commanding the injectors to open longer than the available time to achieve proper AFR. The stock PCM is very good at calculating the amount of IDC needed to get proper AFR, especially if the tuner can account for the lack of injectors. At this point, once 100% IDC fuel puddles atop of the intake valve until the next valve event happens. So, once the valve opens, then you get the previous puddled fuel + the new 100% IDC. Hence why even if you go past 100% IDC, you maintain proper fueling, as can be seen on a wide band o2 sensor. I.E. you still see proper AFR past 100% IDC. There are a few problems with this... One, you can fry the injectors as they are not designed to open for that long period of time, or they can stick open, and fail. The second is that you are no longer running multiport fuel injection, but batch fuel injection. And we all know how good that was on the fbodys. Not only do you do away with the efficiency of fuel atomization, but puddled fuel is harder to ignite. Fortunately for the latter, we have good induction control.

SO in short yes, you can still get proper fueling once you go past 100% IDC, I do not recommend it, but it can be verified with a WideBand.

Hope this helps you understand.

Lets look at the obvious, running 16's you shouldn't be maxed on IDC since you aren't making any power. Assuming everything is mechanically correct there is only one thing to point at. Honestly your best next purchase would be HP Tuners so you can log and load tunes to fix the problem you're having and keep everything working correctly. Even in 90 degree F weather at 1700ft altitude a stock SSS should have been able to pull those times. The mods you have in cool weather should be mid to high 13's on the 22's and low 14's to mid 14's in horrible crappy weather. You really need to find the source of the problem since something is seriously wrong.

charlie sent me some stuff so i can get my autocal workin again and im gonna log some info this wknd. thanks for the interesting read here guys , i wasnt expecting all this, im deff. thinking of buying some bigger injectors now ahaha.

We should race before you get it working Alex, maybe I'd have a chance haha. JK! Hope you get it figured out. Would it be any help to use my HP Tuners to log it? Or locked PCM won't let me log it anyway? Oh, just read you should have it covered with the autocal. Text me up if you need help or anything.