Got My Truck Back!

silverado777

looks sweet. U should smooth out the tailgate.

But why would you get rid of the drums in the back. I wish my ss had them I have nothing but problems with my disks. These trucks are way to heavy for disks. But another question what are you going to do with all of those parts once there off????

looks sweet. U should smooth out the tailgate.

But why would you get rid of the drums in the back. I wish my ss had them I have nothing but problems with my disks. These trucks are way to heavy for disks. But another question what are you going to do with all of those parts once there off????

I do plan on smoothing out the tailgate. In due time. Well I want the disks for aesthetic reasons mainly. I think they look so much better than big fat drums in the back. Since my fronts do the majority of the stopping I don't think I will feel much difference between the two. As for the parts, I found a place (AZ differential) that is going to do the complete axle swap for me for free as long as I leave them my old axle. They are also taking the G80 out of mine and instaling it in the axle with the discs. They are also replacing a bent axle shaft in the disc axle and installing a TA diff cover and ARP Studs. I don't think its a bad deal since I only paid $275 for the complete axle with calipers, brake lines and complete parking brake.