Ignition Problems

DirtySSouth

After my break in my ignition key was sticking very badly....When I go to start the truck the key sticks forword and I have to turn it back to the right position...Its kinda like they tried to stick somthing in the ignition when they broke in before they ripped my dash out, yet there are no scratches or marks on or near the key hole......now my Cruise control doesnt work, my windshield wipers, or the winshield sprayer......do you think something could have gotten pulled when they ripped my dash out? I didnt htink there were any wires from the dash connecting to the ignition...im going to have to take it into chevrolet but I jus twanted to see if you guys had any suggestions first...thanks

JK

After my break in my ignition key was sticking very badly....When I go to start the truck the key sticks forword and I have to turn it back to the right position...Its kinda like they tried to stick somthing in the ignition when they broke in before they ripped my dash out, yet there are no scratches or marks on or near the key hole......now my Cruise control doesnt work, my windshield wipers, or the winshield sprayer......do you think something could have gotten pulled when they ripped my dash out? I didnt htink there were any wires from the dash connecting to the ignition...im going to have to take it into chevrolet but I jus twanted to see if you guys had any suggestions first...thanks

JK

i had the same problem with my ignition after my SS got borken into. the fix for mine was a new ignition...they think that it was just the cable but replaced the whole thing either way. they probably jammed the shifter down when they borke in...

as for the cruise control and other stuff, i didn't have that problem. but i am guessing some wires or maybe a harness is undone...

good luck

Archived