Z06 Replacement Pads

BILLS04SS

Hey guys,

been forever since I've been on here and it's nice to be back to see new and old peeps. I've been running Z06 calipers for sometime (from supersub) and am looking for replacement pads. I've seen a number of pads out there, but wanted some opinions on the best braking power. I don't use it in a track application at all, but will tow a jet boat on weekends. I'm not sure if I should go with a ceramic pad or not. Thanks in advance for all your responses.

Bill

I'm also running the hawk hps pads and have no complaints. Although, when they wear out I think I'll replace them with some Perfermance Friction pads from orieleys. They're the highest grade pads we keep in stock (not counting hawk and ebs that we have to order) and have a lifetime warranty along with pretty much every other brake pads we sell, minus the special order stuff. From doing a little reading the friction performance don't seem to be bad pads at all, better than the thermo quiets and such. Even if they aren't as good as the hawk pads (which I won't know until I try them) I find it hard to beat a lifetime warranty on brake pads.

What pads are you currently running Bill? Been running the Hawk HPS pads for the past 4 years myself with no issues and they are pretty low dust.

I'm not sure exactly which ones that supersub gave me, but they are yellow ceramic ones. They are OK, but don't seem that aggressive to me.

I'm also running the hawk hps pads and have no complaints. Although, when they wear out I think I'll replace them with some Perfermance Friction pads from orieleys. They're the highest grade pads we keep in stock (not counting hawk and ebs that we have to order) and have a lifetime warranty along with pretty much every other brake pads we sell, minus the special order stuff. From doing a little reading the friction performance don't seem to be bad pads at all, better than the thermo quiets and such. Even if they aren't as good as the hawk pads (which I won't know until I try them) I find it hard to beat a lifetime warranty on brake pads.

Thanks for the replies by the way.. I was thinking about the hawk pads as well. Which would have the better bite? Ceramics? Thanks again.

Bill