69 Z/28 Camaro Build

2bfast

As some of you have know, I had recently come across a deal that I couldnt refuse. For those that dont, here is the story. My ol ladies uncle had two 69 Camaros one he has had since 1998 and the other 2002. These were his life and took them to shows all over the four states as we call them out here (Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Illinois). Recently his health has gone down hill fast the past 4 years or so. One of the cars has been sitting for almost four years and the other 2-3. She got a call one night saying the cars were up for sale as he couldnt keep up on them and they are just sitting wasteing away. This bothered her as these cars were apart of their family and hated to see them go. So she decided to buy one of them from him and keep it in the family. While we were at his house and she was making the deal he was pressing me to buy the other. He threw me an offer that any Camaro enthusiest would of jumped on in a hearbeat. But I refused as I didnt think I needed another toy. I thought hard for the next 3 days and told my self I was an idiot for passing it up. That night I called him up and told him I would take the other one and made the deal the next day. And so it begins.........

Details on the car

1969 Camaro Z/28 clone

Hugger Orange w/ White stripes

White and black houndstooth interior

M22 4 Speed Muncie Transmission

454 block bored .30 over to 468cid

.30 over LS-6 TRW Forged pistons

Recon rods

ARP bolts throughout

Full roller valve train

Custom grind Comp cam - 224,224/594,594 @110

Edelbrock performer intake

Demon Carburater

Hooker Super Comp headers

12 Bolt rear w/ 373 gears

A couple pics in his garage the day I picked it up

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

And driving it home

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

Obviously as you can see, there is a lot of "out dated" technology on this car visually and mechanicly. My plan for this car will be a pro-touring / resto-mod set up. As the motor and clutch/transmission are very sound I will start on the suspension and brakes. It currently has sub-frame connectors and home made traction bars with the factory leaf spring setup. Here are the plans for this winter

Rear Suspension

Currently - Factory leaf spring, air shocks, and home made traction bars.

Soon - Prodigy Bar 4 link with adjustable coil over shocks

http://www.camaros.n...ad.php?t=139976

Front suspension

Currently - Factory a-arms and sway bar. Factory coils with a coil cut for slight drop

Soon - Tubular upper and lower A-arms, adjustable coil overs, performance sway bar

(not sure on brand yet)

Brakes

Currently - Factory 4 wheel power drum brakes.

Soon - Drilled/slotted big disc brakes

http://www.classicpe.../5564WBKP13.htm

(black calipers)

Exhaust

Currently - 2" w/ 3.5 collector Hooker Super Comp headers coated, 1/3/4 piping into Flowmaster mufflers

Soon - Re-coat Hookers and 3" stainless Magnaflow

Interior

Currently - White & Black houndstooth seats, black carpet, factory steering wheel, no center console, factory speedo and fuel gauge in dash, cheap water/volts/oil gauges under dash, outdated Hurst shifter, cheap tach mounted to steering column.

Soon - Factory center 4 speed center console, autometer 2/16 gauge pod in console, retrofit new gauges in dash (speedo and tach), matching gauges in gauge pod in console, new steering wheel, new Hurst shifter to fit console, and a good cleaning.

site for gauges

http://www.classicinstruments.com/

site for steering wheel

http://www.foreversh...um-Black/Detail

Wheels

Currently - 15x8 rear 15x7 American Racing wheels wrapped in BFG rubber

Now - Polished 2 piece forged aluminum Centerline Lazer II's, 17x9.5 w/ 5.5 back space rears, 17x8 w 4.5 backspace fronts wrapped in

Nitto 555 tires, 285/40/17 rears, 245/45/17s fronts

Pics of them installed

4-9.jpg

3-12.jpg

2-17.jpg

I will have to roll the rear 1/4 fender lips to clear the tires and thats about it. The tires are currently touching the air shocks but they are going away so not worried about that. The fronts fit perfect.

As always, a few details will probably change as the build goes on and a few details will probably be added. So stay tuned

oh, and heres a quick clip of me wasting the old BFG's!

th_MOV03201.jpg

:peelout:

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Thanks guys

Nice, now let's work on shifting!!! LMAO:pepsicheer:

, as for third gear just ask Kayla she'll tell ya I can't find it sometimes. !!

For others that didnt catch it, I missed 3rd gear about the 24-25 second mark :banghead:

A little details on the ol ladies car (Kayla). I dont have any pictures except of the night she bought it. I will have more details and pics soon

69 Camaro base

Saphire Blue Purple Pearl w/ white stripes

TH350 trans

355cid motor full roller

Edelbrock intake

Holley carb

Full tweed custom interior

10 bolt rear w/ 355 gears

IMG_0434.jpg

purple69.jpg

purpleengine.jpg

We havnt gotten into the details as for mods this winter yet, but a few are: