Oil Pressure, Again

So i was having trouble with my oil pressure before. You might remember my earlier post on how it was fluctuating. I replaced my oil presure sensor and it returned to normal. Tonight my oil pressure went through the roof.

At idle

http://m1223.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Pwilly7/image-9.jpg.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2TUPNMGFWAxphN8ypNTWTj%2Bl7p%2FscAJPVAUOo7PLrGZJQGESXn4Yd%2BQtwwguSqlr62v4bzdaS7c3t%2FPqTviBOg0%2FL%2FJK50NRNjv%2FQZ%2B7yqIrI%2Bgk36ROXlN5Syfl41E8LoaiuQf8fjrfgxf5l0E%2F3yw%3D

1000 rpm

http://m1223.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Pwilly7/image-10.jpg.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2TUPNMGFWAxphN8ypNTWTj%2Bl7p%2FscAJPVAUOo7PLrGZJQGESXn4Yd%2BQtwwguSqlr62v4bzdaS7c3t%2FPqTviBOg0%2FL%2FJK50NRNjv%2FQZ%2B7yqIrI%2Bgk36ROXlN5Syfl41E8LoaiuQf8fjrfgxf5l0E%2F3yw%3D

I haven't hooked up a gauge but will asap. I'm starting to think it's an electrical gremlin. Any advice and this wierd issue?

You both nailed it. Truck not started but key I'n on possition = 550kpa. Gotta be the stepper motor. Unless wiring is screwed somehow :shakehead:

Usually if you are showing oil pressure when the truck is not started but in the on position it is the oil pressure sending unit. Where did you get your oil pressure sending unit? Was it working fine after you changed it?

I got it off of eBay. It's a gm part. You think it's toast?

In my experience that's usually the case. You can tell its the stepper motor when it will point in an unusual direct (ie down), it sticks, or just doesn't work. If you have a buddy with a silverado, tahoe, yukon, escalade, sierra or H2 you can try swapping clusters to see what it does. If yours still reads the same with their cluster then I would say it is the sending unit.