Rant: Have To Be Bagged?

MARTYW

I have a rant/question? I have always been a big fan of Truckin and Street Trucks magazine. My question is, why is it that a truck has to be air bagged and "laying rockers" to make it into Truckin or Street Trucks magazine? They have some incredible rides in both, and I have nothing against bagged trucks, but show coverage pics and even the features are all bagged, that arent raised up 3 feet in the air?

:ughdance::banghead::ughdance::banghead:

I just dont understand why there cant be some trucks in there with a lowered street stance. Not every show truck should have to be laying flat on the ground in order to make the magazines. A lot of the trucks on this site are highly customized with endless amounts of money, time, and enginuity, and should get just as much attention as the trucks that have air bag suspensions.

Again, i have nothing against bagged trucks, or their owners. I realize it takes a huge amount of skill and know-how to do this type of work, but the hobby should share space with the performance trucks that we all love as well!

I just had to get all of that off of my chest.

Edited by MARTYW (see edit history)

i would like to add a rant to this also , it also bugs me that they drop 50k into a ride to fix it up and they leave a stock engine it and add 0 performance besides a cai and a throttle body spacer jerk.gif ...

squintnoeswerdrun.gif although im sure a nicely stanced truck with some flamboyant paint job and some go fast mods could easily make onto the cover.

Guest JasonHensley22

I'm with you on this too bud, I like Truckin magazine but the trucks are too low or too high. They should make the magazine for the 95% of us who DON'T slam trucks or lift them sky high. I have a 2" drop on mine, why not some nice articles and pictures for guys like me? Just a thought, but I am def with you.

The hobby goes through phases. In the late 80's and early 90's the dropped stance was what everyone went with. In the 2000's everyone was airbagged, and today the airbagged stance is still very popular. The Truckin challenge not too long ago showed some nice dropped trucks with cornering abilitiy, and some good HP numbers. So, the bagged stance is popular, and if you don't like it, wait a little while and it will change once again.

I'm with you on this too bud, I like Truckin magazine but the trucks are too low or too high. They should make the magazine for the 95% of us who DON'T slam trucks or lift them sky high. I have a 2" drop on mine, why not some nice articles and pictures for guys like me? Just a thought, but I am def with you.

Definitely agree with most everything, I really don't care to much for the air bagged trucks.

i would like to add a rant to this also , it also bugs me that they drop 50k into a ride to fix it up and they leave a stock engine it and add 0 performance besides a cai and a throttle body spacer jerk.gif ...

You hit this on the head for sure. When i'm looking at one of the mags i'll browse right through the article to see the performance upgrades........................... If there are any.....

The funny thing is that the editors always have a way to make it sound like the 200rwhp stock engine with some chrome and paint can tear up anything on the street. lol

But it is in everyones own opinion on what and how a truck should look and run. :dunno:

USABodyguard made the mag. He's on a Belltech drop only:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/59226-couple-of-pics-from-the-photoshoot/page__p__676221__hl__truckin+magazine__fromsearch__1#entry676221 :takealook:

Probably one of my fav. trucks of all time, so tastefully done

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Yeah, that's a bad a$$ truck! Love it.

That is what I would like to see more of. Like I said, i have nothing against bagged trucks, and I realize they are perfectly driveable, but I have never seen a "genre" dominate magazines like they do. It would be nice to see some show coverage with some trucks with a "real world" stance. The bagged trucks have their place, but give some of the other styles a chance and some coverage too! Like Jason hit on above, most guys dont bag their trucks in this hobby, so why should they dominate the magazine coverage?

Guest JasonHensley22

I totally agree that they like bagged trucks, and that shit better stop soon cuz I want to get my truck in there once its done :)

Dude just judging by your Sig photo, your truck deserves to be in there!!!

And you said it MartyW, I totally agree