New Dude From Indianapolis

cmoney23

Hello fellow ss owners!

My name is chad and i live in indy. I just purchased a 03 silverado ss with 80,000 miles for $14,700. Do you think thats a good deal? I thought it was. It came with a tonnaue cover and full bed rug. I plan on getting 24's and a 2/3 drop next summer. Along with alot of other little upgrades. I just sold my dakota R/T that i put thousands into. I wanted something new to start cusomizing so i choose the SS silverado(good choice i thought) Well just wanted to introduce myself and ill talk to you all on the forums..

post-23304-015164300 1318119984_thumb.jpg

post-23304-088730700 1318120038_thumb.jpg

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

Welcome! Another new member with an SSS whoop whoop! pepsicheer.gif

Yeah thats a good deal bud! Congrats on the purchase. I have a 2/3 drop on mine and I think it's the best look for the SSS, you'll be happy with it. I went with Belltech spindles and shackles with Belltech street performance shocks, and it rides sssooo much better.

Oh and don't do the 24"s IMO, the stock wheels look awesome. I'm still not sure why so many people put larger wheels on these trucks, it never looks good.

Welcome! Another new member with an SSS whoop whoop! pepsicheer.gif

Yeah thats a good deal bud! Congrats on the purchase. I have a 2/3 drop on mine and I think it's the best look for the SSS, you'll be happy with it. I went with Belltech spindles and shackles with Belltech street performance shocks, and it rides sssooo much better.

Oh and don't do the 24"s IMO, the stock wheels look awesome. I'm still not sure why so many people put larger wheels on these trucks, it never looks good.

Is your 2/3 drop installed in your sig? If i dont do 24's then i'll do 22in. replicas!

Guest JasonHensley22

Is your 2/3 drop installed in your sig? If i dont do 24's then i'll do 22in. replicas!

Yeah thats my truck with the drop installed. 22 replica's is a much better choice IMO thumb.gif

Yeah thats my truck with the drop installed. 22 replica's is a much better choice IMO thumb.gif

Hey on your shackle install did you have to grind out the rivets on the stock shackle? Also was there any thing to worry about when taking off the stock shackle because of the leaf spring? Like tension in the leaf?

Guest JasonHensley22

The shackles were already installed when I got the truck, but get ahold of a member named Matt*, he did his shackles and can give you all the answers you need for that.

Welcome to the site man, how you liking the truck so far?

Well i loved my little sport truck, But this SS takes the cake. I love everything about it. The inside is just bad ass!!! Just fully loaded. Its my 1st all wheel drive so curious in how its gonna do in the winter. I've only had it 2 days and trying to get a drop kit already..LOL!!

Hey on your shackle install did you have to grind out the rivets on the stock shackle? Also was there any thing to worry about when taking off the stock shackle because of the leaf spring? Like tension in the leaf?

The shackles are very easy to install only a upper and lower bolt. If you want to do a full drop like 4" drop then you need the shackle and hanger kit the hanger is up front and riveted onto the frame. There's not much to worry about when changing shackels just jack up the truck. That is harder to change. Jason and me both have the roughly 2 to 3" rear drop with just the shackles installed which looks great, but if you want to lower it all out go with the hanger and shackles.

Guest JasonHensley22

The shackles are very easy to install only a upper and lower bolt. If you want to do a full drop like 4" drop then you need the shackle and hanger kit the hanger is up front and riveted onto the frame. There's not much to worry about when changing shackels just jack up the truck. That is harder to change. Jason and me both have the roughly 2 to 3" rear drop with just the shackles installed which looks great, but if you want to lower it all out go with the hanger and shackles.

:withstupid: what he said...lol

Welcome aboard! I agree with Jason, I like 20's on these trucks. I do like the 22" replicas, but I like to be able to put a little more tire on one. JMO. Good luck with the mods. Another lowering kit to consider is the DJM a-arm drop kit. I am hearing great things about it. The Belltech stuff is great too! Make sure to post pics as you mod!