My Truck Sits Level Stock!

cmoney23

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks like your front keys are turned up, or youuur shocks are bad

Shocks wont affect ride height. Torsion bars could be adjusted to sit level or the rear springs could be a little softer due to wear, causing them to sag a little.

Could be possible that it has a different shackle too.

Edited by SweetSS24 (see edit history)

I had to jump in this thread, had this issue last week. I had my Sss for a little over a year, it always rode a little like poop, but I figured it was the 95k on it. The other week I was changing the oil and realized the front suspension was riding ON the bump stops, the drivers side was actually cracked. I measured from the bottom of my rims to the fender lips and realized the truck was raked almost a inch lower in the front and had a slight drivers lean. I crawled under the truck to find the torsion bar bolts were backed out and the drivers side was about 1/4 to 1/8" further than the passenger side. I jacked the truck up, PB blasted the bolts and tightened then so the tops of the bolts were flush with the crossmember evenly. now after a 15 min ride the truck is level (same distance from the bottom of the rim to fender all around) and the truck rides a million times better. So... check your bump stops in the front, you could of had a budget lowering job like me, mine have about 1/4-1/2" of space now that gives the truck a real nice ride. Now all I need is an alignment

My front is 35" from ground to fender well, which is stock from what i seen on a torsion bar lowering 'how to' on here. Before they lowered the front he sat 35" from ground to fender well, which is what i sit. I'm trying to figure out why my rear is also 35" from ground to fender well. My rear end is lowered somehow and its not shackles as mine are stock. Gotta be a lowering leaf spring is what im starting to think, but cant tell.

By your pics your truck looks perfect for a "stock" suspension. Maybe your cover does squash that back down a little? maybe your last owner did remove a leaf? You figure our trucks are "half tons" so 1,000 lbs in the bed, what do you think that cover weighs? I have a "Back Flip" cover on mine, they are light though, maybe 50-60 pounds. I also notice most drops are a 2-4 giving a level stance. seeing my front fender gap now, I might do a spindle and hanger 2-4 drop in the spring.

My truck had 90,000 before i lowered it and before i lowered it mine sit perfectly level too. My conclusion was that the springs had settled mildly in the rear or the torsion bars were adjusted to be level. I wouldn't worry about it and put a 3/4 drop on it and then you will know for a fact that it has been lowered thumb.gif

I forgot to mention that my truck sat level stock, then I did a 2/2 dorp and it's still level. Actually the front sits about 1/4" lower than the rear. But the ride height is what your truck looks like after mine was lowered. What is the distance between the fender lip and the bottom of the wheel? If you take a measurement from ground to wheel well it can be different since the tires can have different pressures, and wear on them.