Turbo Me This...

detjoe

I have the bug...I could start on the SSS or I have my eye on a volvo 244 turbo Innercooled.

What would you do?? I am bored and need something to get me thru this winter. I have also started to think budget stroker? If I turbo the SSS I would build the stuff myself, run a S475...

If I get the volvo it would be a daily driver/beeter. Its a cool car because it is the first year of the IC, BUT it has some engine issues so I would have to pull it and find a JY replacement and then start to play.

I know alot of this is my back and not being able, but over the winter I need something to work on, build, make...

Thanks in advance

-joe

Guest JasonHensley22

You're asking a forum of Silverado SS owners weather you should mod your SSS or a Volvo? I think my answer is...

...Turbo that SSS!!! Man with the mods you already have a turbo would make that thing wicked quick!

My brother has a volvo. It is a 5 banger with a little turbo. Its nice looking and pretty quik but he has been having some issues with it and from what he is saying the volvo replacement parts are pretty expensive compared to chevy or ford. I guess it wouldn't matter too much if you got a warranty.

I vote for turbo the SSS

I fail to see the allure of driving a 1984 Volvo when you own something as amazing as an SSS......... You know my vote.

On another note, pick up a nice used Subaru WRX for a winter beater......... Turbo and TONS of fun. Oh, and AWD.