A/C Condenser

AK04SS

Anyone ever have to replace one? I was changing the oil and noticed the belt was off. I put it back on and it's making a squeaking noise now. And today somehow it came off again. Do I need a new belt and condenser? Is it bad to leave the belt off? I have no idea how long it's been off and was worried about any damage that couldve been done. Truck is running great though? Thanks guys!

You can leave the belt off with no problems but your A/C just won't work. I also think the A/C has something to do with the defrost so you might want to fix it. Sounds like your tensioner might be bad and you need a new belt for the A/C those are the only reasons I can think of that the belt would get thrown off. The squeaking was probably the belt on the A/C pulley slipping. Glad to see your still around, hadn't seen you on the forum in a long time! pepsicheer.gif

Is that tensioner pulley something I can order online or from a stealership? And can i do it myself Or should I just have a shop do it? It took me the longest time to get that belt on lol.

Hey Matt and Jason, do you guys know any good shops I can get this fixed at? I don't really like Lithia South Anchorage.

You can get that pulley at any old auto parts store, it's not hard to replace but you will have to lay on your back under the truck to replace it unless you have a lift. The belt itself it easy to take on and off just use a ratchet to de tension it then slip the belt on, much like the main belt, except minus the 15mm socket.

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

Is that tensioner pulley something I can order online or from a stealership? And can i do it myself Or should I just have a shop do it? It took me the longest time to get that belt on lol.

Hey Matt and Jason, do you guys know any good shops I can get this fixed at? I don't really like Lithia South Anchorage.

Like Jason said maybe Alaska Sales but I'm sure thats pretty expensive! I do all my own stuff for the most part so I can't really recommend anyone. Hopefully you can get it fixed with out too much trouble.

Hey Matt, how do you like those belltech shocks? I need to replace mine in the spring. My truck needs a lot of work lol

There awesome period. IMO Both me and Jason swapped out to them and they ride really nice, mine had the stockers and rode horrible bounced a lot and stuff now its really controlled over bumps and smoother too. The suspension source has them on ebay for like $219 ask them to quote you for USPS priority to AK its not to expensive. So for the set shipped was like $250.

Edit also me and Jason will probably setup a meet up in the spring so make sure to check in for that. thumb.gif

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

There awesome period. IMO Both me and Jason swapped out to them and they ride really nice, mine had the stockers and rode horrible bounced a lot and stuff now its really controlled over bumps and smoother too. The suspension source has them on ebay for like $219 ask them to quote you for USPS priority to AK its not to expensive. So for the set shipped was like $250.

Edit also me and Jason will probably setup a meet up in the spring so make sure to check in for that. thumb.gif

Lets see first things first, lets give Matt a whole bunch of +1s...

Okay now down to business! Yes those Belltech shocks are awesome, if I had known they were going to ride that well I would have bought them sooner. And take Matt's advice on where to get them, I ended up paying about $300 for mine due to shipping, I 2nd day aired them because it was the only option with the website I used. I guess another one had a UPS Ground option... But yeah i'm doing some maintenance right now swapping out some fluids and also looking into the Belltech Sway Bars here before the year is out.

And make sure to keep an eye out for that meet! Although spring seems so far away...:shakehead: