Smartphones, I Phone Or Droid

MARTYW

Hey guys, my wife has decided it is time for us to upgrade to Smartphones. I have seen a similar discussion to this site on the search, but it started in 05 and wanted to ask everyones opinion on current models? I am torn between the i Phone 3 (the 4S costs too much right now) or Droid (any model or brand)? Also, which Droid model is the best? All opinions welcome!!! Let me have it!!!

:dunno::pop:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My firend bought a Iphone 3 new and really did not like it it was super slow and unresponsive within a month of getting it he switched out to a droid phone think it was a HTC Inspire and he really likes it. I've got a Motorola Milestone X and it works great. I had a Samsung Galaxy S before the Motorola and it had issues but was super nice. Good luck deciding!

Just got myself a Samsung galaxy S 2, what can I say, crazy fast, looks great, huge screen, takes HD video, (on Tmobile) the internet is very quick and snappy, all around, best phone I've ever had, hands down.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Anybody that I have known that went I phone had problems with them and regreted switching from the DROID.... I got a droid x and haven't had a problem since I got it at the beginning of this year. And I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon, just love the phone too much. Also im on the Verizon network.

Anybody that I have known that went I phone had problems with them and regreted switching from the DROID.... I got a droid x and haven't had a problem since I got it at the beginning of this year. And I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon, just love the phone too much. Also im on the Verizon network.

In the 2 years I had the X I had it replaced it about 8 times due to issues like randomly rebooting and not receiving texts and e-mails. I hated that phone, they even eventually switched me to the X2 and it had the same issues. However, everyone else had great experiences with that phone. Guess it was a ID 10 T issue lol.

I have the Droid Charge right now and I give it a decent. Battery life sucks, the key board is dyslexic and doesn't know what you want to type, and sometimes i have to refresh some of my e-mail account to receive e-mails. I bought an extended battery from gorilla gadgets and now it actually lasts an entire day without a charge. Unfortunately my phone is now a little thicker than a deck of cards lol. I think I will eventually switch over to the iPhone 4s.

I love droid but it doesnt seem like they produce a quality product like Apple. By the time Apple comes out with 1 new phone there are 20+ new droid phones out on the market. Just seems to me like Apple is taking their time to do it once and do it right. Just my opinion though.

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

In the 2 years I had the X I had it replaced it about 8 times due to issues like randomly rebooting and not receiving texts and e-mails. I hated that phone, they even eventually switched me to the X2 and it had the same issues. However, everyone else had great experiences with that phone. Guess it was a ID 10 T issue lol.

I have the Droid Charge right now and I give it a decent. Battery life sucks, the key board is dyslexic and doesn't know what you want to type, and sometimes i have to refresh some of my e-mail account to receive e-mails. I bought an extended battery from gorilla gadgets and now it actually lasts an entire day without a charge. Unfortunately my phone is now a little thicker than a deck of cards lol. I think I will eventually switch over to the iPhone 4s.

I love droid but it doesnt seem like they produce a quality product like Apple. By the time Apple comes out with 1 new phone there are 20+ new droid phones out on the market. Just seems to me like Apple is taking their time to do it once and do it right. Just my opinion though.

If your going through 8 phones in a years time sounds like a user error or somebody doesn't take care of there stuff. Like I said had my phone since jan/fab and haven't had a single problem with my x (original x) but I take care of my stuff. All electronics are going to have problems no matter what. My business is located in the mall here right next to the apple store and I hear customers all day complaining about there apple stuff like any thing else. Im sure droids have there fair share of problems but my phone has been solid.

If your going through 8 phones in a years time sounds like a user error or somebody doesn't take care of there stuff. Like I said had my phone since jan/fab and haven't had a single problem with my x (original x) but I take care of my stuff. All electronics are going to have problems no matter what. My business is located in the mall here right next to the apple store and I hear customers all day complaining about there apple stuff like any thing else. Im sure droids have there fair share of problems but my phone has been solid.

Never said anything about not taking care of it....but everyone had their opinions.

HTC EVO 4G and HTC EVO 3D from Sprint!!! Love my EVO's never had issues with either!!! Fiance had an Iphone 4 and switched over to the HTC Inspire and never looked back..

Edited by SilverBulletSS (see edit history)

I am hearing a lot of great things about the HTC smartphones. I also like the Samsung offerings. I like the I Phone, but i do not want the 3, and I dont want to spend the money for a 4S. I am having to get my wife one too, so every price will be X2! LOL