Locking Tailgate

Marzyn

Anyone have any recommendations on a sleek looking locking tailgate solution that would or could-be matched to the stock black paint?

I have a lot of hand tools/power tools that I need to keep in the back of the truck but the tailgate doesn't lock! It's not a huge issue since this is my DD but I still have to use it for work frequently enough that I'd feel a lot better about picking up the lock.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

i think there is one you can mount inside of the tailgate which would look even better if you do not have a cover for your bed

If he is worried about having a locking bed, you can assume he has a tonneau.

Hey guys, I do have a soft cover tonneau currently but it doesn't lock.

I was looking to buy one of the fold-a-cover for ease-of-access to the bed but it turns out I can pick up an "Undercover" single piece hard cover color matched for about 1200$ and it's only 58lbs to take on and off.

I have a hard cover on my old truck but it's fiberglass and very heavy/huge pain in the butt to take off so that was why I was turned off to the idea of a solid hard cover. This thing looks very sleek and after its color matched will look like it was meant to be there.

Still debating though.

As for the lock I went to a local chevy/gm parts shop and they are hooking me up with a color matched locking handle for 60$. I thought the after market locks would be a lot cheaper than a dealer handle but I suppose not so no big deal.

Much appreciated for the help/advice though guys, thanks a lot :)

Joe