Dumb Question

Hey all sry to ask this dumb question. I have injectors I got from Wheatley and I was wandering if I can just put them in with out another tune or do I need a retune for them to work right.

Again sry I should know this but I don't forgive my ignorance. Thanks in advance.

Justin

iamwithstupid.gif Depends on the difference in lb/hr between the two. It'll cause your LTFT to go negative if you move up to a bigger injector without tuning. If the injector is so big it causes the LTFT to go past -25, it'll set the CEL. Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

Your injector flow rate, pulse width, and over all tune will be off. Depending on how much bigger the injectors are the truck might not idle at all or even possibly wash down the cylinders. What injectora are they?

Your injector flow rate, pulse width, and over all tune will be off. Depending on how much bigger the injectors are the truck might not idle at all or even possibly wash down the cylinders. What injectora are they?

iamwithstupid.gif

They won't cause it not to start but 42 lb'ders will throw a rich code on the stock tune. Think about it, they take around half the pulse the stock 24 lb'ders do to achieve the desired afr.

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

No sir do not install them without a retuned PCM,a reflash is a must!

Will do Mr. Charlie thanks sir. I plan on keeping you busy when I come back in Feb hope your ready.

• 2 weeks later...