Strange Transmission Issue

So I'm lost on diagnosing my transmission problem. The problem started a couple months back, the CEL would pop on and throw code P0757 (Shift solenoid B, circuit stuck on) OR (Shift solenoid valve performance...) Two different code readers, two slightly different definitions. Anyway, when the CEL kicks on the truck will go into limp mode and lock in 3rd gear. It started to do this at random times a couple months ago, then the tranny went out completely so as part of the rebuild I had both shift solenoids replaced but since getting the truck back on the road Im still throwing the same code and going into limp mode at random times. Theres no slipping in the tranny and never any warning of when its going to happen, just out of the blue whenever the truck decides to give me a headache. If anyone has any suggestions on a fix or has had this problem please post or shoot me a PM. Driving my truck has become a pain since I dont know when ill be stuck with only 3rd gear. Thanks in advance!

Zach

Just as a note, the transmission now is freshly rebuilt and two new solenoids were installed so I dont think there is a transmission hardware problem anywhere...possibly tuning or something else is causing this thing to give me hell.

Same problem happened to me after I put in my 3K stall & new trans. I had Rey(chpspecial) just delete P0757 DTC in the PCM that was triggering limp mode. Forgive my terminology but it was a simple 5 min. fix for me.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Okay, thanks a lot guys! That's what Jerry and I discussed could be the problem but he recommended I post here about it to get yalls opinions so I'll make sure to get rid of that in the tune! It's just weird that I've had the stall in the truck for over a year and it didn't start acting up till just recently.

Yeah I did some research on LS1tech and people said it is common to not come up for months and then out of the blue pop up. Thats what my truck did had the stall for about 6 month and then just a couple weeks ago that code came up.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Before you go into the tune check your wiring. I had a similar issue and the round connector on the passenger side of the transfer had two broken wires that had intermittent connectivity problems. When they touched everything worked just fine as you describe. But a bump would cause them to loosen, then I would get a stupid hard shift into 3rd and stayed there.

In short look at you harness and connectors and make sure a wire isn't loose or broken. A new 120$ pig tail solved my issues.

sent from my thunderbolt