Feelings On The Totm Contest ?

RockHead

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on this...........

TOTM is dieing on a vine, Mark and I have worked very hard over the last year running the contest, but it seems like participation is getting worse each contest. The last 2 contests barely happened. Hopefully some minor changes in how TOTM is presented and run will boost participation. It would really suck to end the contest permanently as I feel TOTM is a nice recognition to our members for their hard work.....

Let's see what comes of this thread, any ideas you may have will be thrown in the mix....

Dan :chevy:

This is how they run it on a local forum of 4,100ish memebers.

When the trucks are nominated and a voting thread is started, once you log onto the forum it wont let you navigate the forum untill you click on the voting thread...last month they had 586 votes.

This is how they run it on a local forum of 4,100ish memebers.

When the trucks are nominated and a voting thread is started, once you log onto the forum it wont let you navigate the forum untill you click on the voting thread...last month they had 586 votes.

Yup, an ss almost took Totm

Maybe something like a "trucks showcase of the month" could be tried. Something like 10-12 trucks showcased like in a calendar format. It seems like the current TOTM has come down to include only a small group of members who are familiar with each other in some way. Not that that is a bad thing, but maybe many members, (myself included), already know their truck will never even be nominated, so why even involve yourself with it. I could care less about winning some sort of prize, but having ones truck showcased and ackowledged on the site in some way would be nice. Maybe this way more interest would be generated. From all those selected monthly, then maybe have Truck or Trucks of the Year voted on.

So have members post up there Pic's and then we vote on them ..??

yes sir...Looking for the better/best all around photo.

Many larger forums have gone this route as well and seems to work out well...I would recommend we do Picture of the month with a Truck of the Year. :cheers:

As along the lines of the picture submission, if you could find a way to just submit all photos to Mark/Dan. Then from there you both could post up the voting poll without the name of the truck owner, that way it would minimize some bias of voting for people who know each other.

• Admin

I like the idea a lot and am honored to be a TOTM winner. I still haven't heard from Josh on collecting my prize from Feb but that's no big deal. I think the calendar is a good idea and I would buy one or two myself. I don't have a facebook as most so that's not a big deal to me either. Maybe cordinate with a truck mag and do a small pic submit or do a SSS.com magazine and have TOTM winner on the front cover and a full spread

Not cool. As you know, PM sent, and your prize will be in the mail today! :thumbs:

Not cool. As you know, PM sent, and your prize will be in the mail today! :thumbs:

No worries Josh I know you guys are busy but I appreciate you looking out. Great guy :squintnoeswerdrun:

You should have a truck of the month thread for each month and people should be allowed to submit their entry right there in the thread instead of having to put all the information in their garage. You will get more entries if people only have to upload say 4 pictures and list their mods.

I know sometimes when I am looking at a thread of a pic of a member's truck, a mod he has completed, something that stands out I wanna vote for him. I think there should be a little box on each of our users where it says "click here to vote for TOTM" like where the PM me box is under our avatars. I know that would require quite a bit of programming to create but think the spur of the moment kind of voting might help out. Also "The Garage" issue. I think that limits a lot of voters becuase their pick doesn't have a garage.

With that said I'm gonna go vote lol...

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

If there is a calender it would be cool if the cover was a group meet photo with several trucks from the website. Then the months could have the individual trucks with there names and handles. Could also make an icon so when a person wins the truck of the month it would say something like TOTM by there user name.

I really like the picture of the month idea. I think the idea of having members post their own pics/mods in each 2nd months "nomination" thread would be helpful! It would garner a lot more participation rather than purely having other members nominate them.