Power sunroof issue

cwest94

I'm sorry a head of time for this non SS question, but I was hoping someone might dnow. My ZR2 Blazer has the factory power sunroof and last summer I started having problems with it not closing, it would just stop on its one when holding down the button to close it and I would have to keep pushing the button over and over again to close it all the way, while each time I pushed the button it would only move a half inch. Well I took it back to the dealer and they said that the relay switch was bad and ordered one. When I went back a couple weeks latter to get it fixed I asked what was the relay switch and if its something I can fix myself if the problem happens again, and they said the relay switch was replacing the entire sunroof unit, which was $1600.

So now I am starting to have the same problem again and the factory warranty is up. I was woundering if anyone might know or have any suggestions what I could do, is there really such a thing as a relay switch that I might be able to fix/change myself?

:crazy: I had a problem with a BMW 325i - the roof is controlled by a motor that pulls and pushes a spline that moved the roof. Well the spline got a bad spot in it kind of like a bad zipper, so the one side pushed the other stayed in place, and it broke a bunch of plastic parts that control the top. What a mess. $1600. to replace it and it was never the same.

I think that the parts have been cheapened and lots more problems are starting to occur. I don't think I will ever have one again.

Archived