Looking For A Truck

SilverBulletSS

Well guys just wanted to update everyone. I did get a plow truck, polar opposite of what I wanted. Had to make a few sacrifices, as you guys know I lost my dad a year ago. Actually a year to date in 14 days. My mom was having some financial issues, another reason I was looking to start plowing. So i cut my spending back to help her and found this. I pick it up tomorrow. Got it for $3000. I'll use it for the season, make a name for myself, keep the plow and just get the truck I want next year... Not what I wanted at all, but hey its a plow truck...

plowtruck.jpg

plowtruck2.jpg

Guy wanted $3600, claimed he had an offer of $3400 so i said cant do it. He called me an hour later and agreed to my offer. The plow itself is more than $3000 so i pretty much bought a plow and got a free truck, the money saved will go to my mom...

Edited by SilverBulletSS (see edit history)

Well guys just wanted to update everyone. I did get a plow truck, polar opposite of what I wanted. Had to make a few sacrifices, as you guys know I lost my dad a year ago. Actually a year to date in 14 days. My mom was having some financial issues, another reason I was looking to start plowing. So i cut my spending back to help her and found this. I pick it up tomorrow. Got it for $3000. I'll use it for the season, make a name for myself, keep the plow and just get the truck I want next year... Not what I wanted at all, but hey its a plow truck...

Good deal ...

At that price ... Keep it for as long as you can, and drive the thing into the ground. It owes you nothing, and every run make after re-earning your initial investment is sheer profit ... :thumbs: ...

So .. Why get further into debt, if you can get futher into PROFIT ...

Good deal ...

At that price ... Keep it for as long as you can, and drive the thing into the ground. It owes you nothing, and every run make after re-earning your initial investment is sheer profit ... :thumbs: ...

So .. Why get further into debt, if you can get futher into PROFIT ...

:withstupid:

Excellent advice

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

Thanks for the support guys. Quick update, got up this morning, ran to the bank, pulled out the $3000 all excited to get my first plow truck. Called seller and got voicemail, no big deal he's at work, left him a message telling him to call me back and let me know what time would be best to meet. Seller never calls back, sends me a text at 5:30pm, got better offer, truck sold thanks for your interest!! So i respond with ok thank you for showing me the truck, and wasting my time not calling me sooner. Seller texts me at 7:30pm, buyer never showed, have second buyer coming, if truck doesn't sell its yours tonight. I responded with how about I just come over there and we make the deal, I have cold hard cash as our agreement yesterday. No word from seller. Text at 8:30pm, truck sold, took offer for $3200 thanks for your interest and good luck..

I guess thats what I should've expected from Craigslist. I found another truck in Kalamazoo with under 150,000 miles, no where near the amount of rust as the truck i was going to buy, new trans last year, everything works minus the drivers side window, motor is burnt. Going to call him later today and see if he'll do $3000, he had it listed for $3500 obo and saw that he recently dropped the price to $3200 obo. It's a 173 miles one way but i'll make the trip for a decent truck.

If any of you know anyone within 100 miles of Chicago looking to sell a decent CHEVY plow truck for $3000 please let me know. I've got the cash staring me in the face!

Found a truck guys!!!!!! She's actually not that bad. 1989 GMC K2500 4X4, 8' Western Uni Mount, 132,000 miles. 350 under the hood. Truck is very mechanically sound. Seller is a diesel mechanic and runs a commercial snow plowing/removal company. Trucks front suspension was completely redone last fall, along with brakes, starter, alternator. Plow mount is newer, blade is about 4 years old along with pump. Oil changed every 2500 miles he has all the service records for it. Went and saw it this morning, test drove it, saw everything was great. Handed over the $1900 and signed the bill of sale and title.

Here she is!!!

329658_10150328418107030_584917029_8198748_165220887_o.jpg

328177_10150328421057030_584917029_8198773_333604033_o.jpg