Need New Brakes Suggestions Please?

Hey guys

Time for a brake job AGAIN! My truck seems to eat brakes, from what ive read most have the same problem. I replaced rotors and pads 2 years ago since then ive done the front pads once and the rear twice.... and ive only put on 70,000 km banghead.gif.

So i need new rotors, pads and my rear calipers are shot. I'd like to upgrade to a big brake kit but i havent found anything in my price range.

I like the corvette conversion some have done... what is the cost of this complete coversion. There must be a kit out there thats not so expensive?

I'd like to hear what some have done to help with the brake issues? and your recommendations for which brand of parts to go with.

Those Corvette brake upgrades can be expensive I thought. Use the search button and look in the "How To" sub-forum and I believe the answer is in there. I will be upgrading to the Baer Alumnasport brakes front and rear for a little less than $2,000

Those Corvette brake upgrades can be expensive I thought. Use the search button and look in the "How To" sub-forum and I believe the answer is in there. I will be upgrading to the Baer Alumnasport brakes front and rear for a little less than $2,000

Does that include everything calipers rotors and pads? What website are you ordering from?

I don't know how long you want to wait but alumasport kits pop up on the forums once in awhile. I pieced my kit together for around $1300. Thats with almost everything being brand new. Its an amazing brake set up and I would recommend it to anyone and it also looks good. Im also currently gathering all my hydroboost parts..that would be another good brake upgrade. Hope this helps

Like stated, the 06+ front brake upgrade will help and the hydroboost will give you whiplash. Those are my plans when I get mine up and running. My stockers lasted 64k miles but been in storage since 2009. Rotor rot got me.

So i had a chance to look at my brakes... my rears are the prob. I thought the fronts were toast as well... but the bad news is everything need to be replace on the rear, even the brake sheilds.

Im going to wait to do the complete brake upgrade seeing as the fronts are good. I will just keep replacing rear pads untill i find a sweet deal on a big brake kit,

Thanks for your suggestions Tho's Alumnasport look pretty sweet.

One question has anyone had a Alumnasport kit long enough to see what brake wear is like and any problems with them?

Thanks again