Silver State Classic

JLsoundsfast

I am thinking about entering the Silver State Classic with my 05 SS and I was wondering if anybody on here has ever done it with their SS or any other kind of vehicle for the matter. If you have do you have any advice for a new entry?

Put some mods on that thing and I bet it would be fun, I wouldn't expect to win maybe? But it would sure be a blast to be around all those fast cars. Beware the mod bug is gotta bite hard being around all that speed.

Edited by Jason* (see edit history)

The silver state is a race not a car show, i dont know the specs but i believe its fastest time from point a to point b.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

here you go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_State_Classic_Challenge

i myself would not want to run a 5500 lb truck on that road course :laugh: .

I wouldn't be competing against the cars you find on he internet. I will be competing in the 95 mph class. There are plenty of trucks that enter the race.

Yeah i dunno if i would enter but i bet it would be fun!!!

This will be some of your competition...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB48d8A0cFU

that's the thing about the silver state classic. Modifications aren't always going to help you. The race is about trying to average as close to your classes speed as possible through the course. Most of the course is long open straights with one corner section called the narrows. The max speed I can go is 124. So the goal is to come into the narrows with time to spare as you will ose time going through the narrows. If you cross the finish line to fast you are DQ'd and if you finish way to slow, you are DQ'd. It's all about speed and time management. Most vehicles in the 95mph class are stock. Mine has some mods but for the most part the truck will be kept stock. I plan on lowering the truck more, upgrade the brakes, bigger sway bars and that will be it(except for better tires of course). The truck is equipped with CAI, headers, exhaust and a custom tune. The only other motor mod will probably be bigger injectors as the factory ones are maxed out with the tune we did.

Well as long as your in the right class I would say it would be a ton of fun! Even more fun if your truck is modded a bit!