Can I Use A Auto Meter Boost Gauge As A Vacuum Gauge?

I recently obtained a autometer boost gauge out of a Dodge Diesel. I was looking online, and it appear auto meter does not sell a vacuum gauge like I have been wanting, but they do make a boost/vacuum just like what I have. Can I use the boost gauge as my vacuum? or do I just need to get a vacuum?

the gauge u have can be used. i seen one used for it berfoe. not 100% where in the intake to hook it up. im sure some one else will chime in on that. maybe DGIEPSS. he had his boost gauge hooked up like that before the mp112

Yes it will measure vacuum. But why would you run it? There is really no point of monitoring vac unless you suspect a leak, or are curious to see how much you are making after say a cam change or when the brakes are really spongy.

It isn't a necessary or a helpful gauge unless your making boost.

A vacuum gauge is very helpful whether you got boost or not. It can tell you if you got worn rings or diluted oil. It can tell you if you got sticking, burned or leaking valve's, Poorly seated valve's, Weak valve springs, late valve timing. Retarded ignition timing, intake leak, Blown head gasket, Clogged exhaust system. Thats if you know how to read them, here's a great site on how to read a vacuum gauge with scenario's you can click .

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/186.cfm

A vacuum gauge is very helpful whether you got boost or not. It can tell you if you got worn rings or diluted oil. It can tell you if you got sticking, burned or leaking valve's, Poorly seated valve's, Weak valve springs, late valve timing. Retarded ignition timing, intake leak, Blown head gasket, Clogged exhaust system. Thats if you know how to read them, here's a great site on how to read a vacuum gauge with scenario's you can click .

http://www.secondcha.../public/186.cfm

Thats a great tip! Thanks alot!

Putting a boost gauge in a n/a vehicle is greddy.gif, plus it would be hard to read just the left side of the gauge, IMO. There are many just vacuum gauges out there to use. I even have This vacuum gauge in my truck, don't ever look at it though.

Edited by Mr. 3/4 ton SS (see edit history)