GPS XM CD PLAYER

bigbl62

I was wondering if i could install a gps,xm,cd player out of a 03 denali in my truck fairly easy. My friend took it out of his truck he has the radio plus the 6 disc cd changer. What would i have to do and how hard would it be? I can get the radio from him for about 600 is that good? He is currently using the stock gps antenna are the exspensive to buy for gm?

Search??

I have posted stuff about this swap before. The issues I found were differences in the GMC and GM wiring, and the differences between 03 and 04 wiring.

Also look for av. and H2's sites because they are where I found my info...look the swap is very possible, but not plug and play.

keep us posted

I looked into an Eclipse AVN-2454. It does not have XM though, and it only has 1 cd. You can add a changer and mount it elsewhere. You can get a wiring harness, adapters for Onstar and the steering wheel controls.

You can have the unit installed for about $2800 out the door. The shop I looked at was only charging $100 to do the actual install, its not worth my time and aggravation for that price.

The only problem I found was locating a place to mount the units brain, it is the size of a small 4 channel amp.

Let us know how it works out.

Archived