Sub

blownss27

yea i was thinking about making a down firing box to fit under the seat so i can still have people ride with me. i measure it up and i got like almost 12 inches to the front of my back seat and the sub is only like 7 or so inches deep and i got a little over 8 inches from the seat to the floor.

i do not have a back seat. if you want to sit on a sub thats your call lol. i dont think it is possible to get a type r 10/12 to fit under a seat. and if you want to best quality sound then for type r's you want a lot of air space. my boxes are tuned to 34oh

I made my own boxes. I had some 10's laying around and decided to throw them in. For a small box they hit pretty hard. If I remember correct the boxex have an internal volume of .89cf.

I am in the process of redoing my whole system and will be upgrading to the Type R's.

There is an amp rack that divides them under the seat that houses the amp, and a fire extinguisher. I had to raise the seat about 3/4" so the speaker wouldn't hit it. On my next setup I will keep the current boxes, but move the amp to behind the rear seat along with another one, and make a pull out drawer in the middle of the boxes for tools and stuff.

BTW the pics suck and the SS looks perfect in person.

post-17939-050857100 1320114811_thumb.jpg

post-17939-002976600 1320114830_thumb.jpg

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

I have 2 10" type R subs under my rear seat. Type in Subthumb into google, They have a box that is called there ultra deep box. It fires down and you can get a silverado logo put in it. It fits really nice I can take pics if you want.

Adam

i do not have a back seat. if you want to sit on a sub thats your call lol. i dont think it is possible to get a type r 10/12 to fit under a seat. and if you want to best quality sound then for type r's you want a lot of air space. my boxes are tuned to 34oh

10's or 12's... no problem.