What Is My Brand New Fast Lsx Rt Intake And Adapter Worth?

Alright guys well I just recently bought a FAST LSX RT intake for my 2011 and only had it on my truck for a few dyno runs and maybe 50 miles before I messed up my 5.3 (My own fault lol) Anyways I got my little hands on a nice 6.2 long block and have no use for this intake anymore. I was going to put it on my little bros 02 truck so I ordered the adapter plate but dont think im going to put it on after all. What do you guys think this little combo is worth?

Edited by Three6GMC (see edit history)

Lol yeah true I paid a little over $1000 just for the intake I would think at least $850-$900 but honostly i feel like the THIS intake is like a new truck it depreciates when you slide the card lol. I think it would be hard to sell it at that price but I dont want to lose out either... I mean it's brand new you guys think I should just keep it and put it on some other project?

Ok, i have to ask. Why wouldn't you run it, exact reasons? It's a very good fit on the truck motors so we don't have to mess with the idler pulley, it makes pretty good HP in stock form, it can be ported pretty good(however not as good as the lsx102), it helps produce a large and flat torque curve, it allows you to run a 102mm tb....My buddy has one feeding his 427 lq9 and it made like 517 RWHP and just under 500 torque.....with a choked up 1.75 header and small 225 head. What other choice are you looking at for what combo?

Ok, i have to ask. Why wouldn't you run it, exact reasons? It's a very good fit on the truck motors so we don't have to mess with the idler pulley, it makes pretty good HP in stock form, it can be ported pretty good(however not as good as the lsx102), it helps produce a large and flat torque curve, it allows you to run a 102mm tb....My buddy has one feeding his 427 lq9 and it made like 517 RWHP and just under 500 torque.....with a choked up 1.75 header and small 225 head. What other choice are you looking at for what combo?

Well main and only reason is because it doesn't fit. My 6.2 long block has square port ls3 heads and the FAST and my 5.3 have cathedral ports. I know its a good intake its why i spent over $1000 for it, I just didn't know I was gonna be swapping out to a 6.2 or the square port heads so soon.

I have this intake coming in now for my new motor so guess the FAST is gonna go back in the box and sit in the corner of my room lol

hdrp-1111-gm-ls-series-engine-holleys-badass-ls-hi-ram-002.jpg

what kinda of setup are you going to use with that intake? Its a much better choice then my victor jr, because the runners are a little longer, but I still think its going to kill your low end torque, and raise your shift points. The short runner intake on my truck dyno'd like 30 more HP, ish, but raised my peak and killed the bottom end. Plus you wouldn't believe how much heat the aluminium intakes hold. Even in cold air the damn thing just will not cool down. But they do make HP up top

WIll it clear your hood?

edit, just read your sig. I don't think the turbo is going to care much. Have you done any testing with short runner intakes and long runner intakes using boost?

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

what kinda of setup are you going to use with that intake? Its a much better choice then my victor jr, because the runners are a little longer, but I still think its going to kill your low end torque, and raise your shift points. The short runner intake on my truck dyno'd like 30 more HP, ish, but raised my peak and killed the bottom end. Plus you wouldn't believe how much heat the aluminium intakes hold. Even in cold air the damn thing just will not cool down. But they do make HP up top

WIll it clear your hood?

edit, just read your sig. I don't think the turbo is going to care much. Have you done any testing with short runner intakes and long runner intakes using boost?

Well my truck has a KB Racing turbo system on it so the intake will work great. A guy on pt.net is using the same intake on his build so I know it will fit. It prob will heat soak a little but shouldnt be too bad because I spray meth.

Here are some pics of the guy on pt.net who is using the same intake on his build... (NOT MY TRUCK)

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_8643.jpg

Lol yeah true I paid a little over $1000 just for the intake I would think at least $850-$900 but honostly i feel like the THIS intake is like a new truck it depreciates when you slide the card lol. I think it would be hard to sell it at that price but I dont want to lose out either... I mean it's brand new you guys think I should just keep it and put it on some other project?

here is a link you can buy them brand new for $890 shipped . http://atlanticspeed...1&idcategory=40

good intake and i would love to take this off your hands but not at the price you want thou. let me know if you will go lower. and i would just want the intake . what is this adapter plate your talking about?

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

here is a link you can buy them brand new for $890 shipped . http://atlanticspeed...1&idcategory=40

good intake and i would love to take this off your hands but not at the price you want thou. let me know if you will go lower. and i would just want the intake . what is this adapter plate your talking about?

No problem man, the adapter plate is for if your gonna use your factory 3 bolt 78mm throttle body.

Here are some pics of the plate when I put my factory nnbs intake on my buddies 06 Silverado and used his factory 78 TB

c93851ec.jpg

9701981f.jpg

12c26a4f.jpg

Is it ok to use you stock tb with it or is it a lot better to use an upgraded tb? How much power can you gain from it? My trucks not modded too much will it make much of a difference if I only have a tune, cai, upgraded spark plugs and wires, shift kit and servos, aftermarket muffler?

Edited by Ruben525 (see edit history)

Is it ok to use you stock tb with it or is it a lot better to use an upgraded tb? How much power can you gain from it? My trucks not modded too much will it make much of a difference if I only have a tune, cai, upgraded spark plugs and wires, shift kit and servos, aftermarket muffler?

Yeah of coarse its better to upgrade but if you dont have $500+ at the time to upgrade to a nice bigger tb then this adapter plate is the next best thing and its only like $50-$60 for this plate. As far as gains in between the 2 idk im sure you will have better gains with a 102 tb vs a stock 78 but idk if you would be able to "feel" the dif. I guess it all depends on your setup. Like mine for example being boosted I really didnt feel any gains but then again I upted the boost the same time I did the install. I really put the intake in just for looks lol my factory intake is fugly. Honestly this intake should prob be one of the last mods to do unless your doing it for visual appeal like i did. I mean get your headers, exhaust, tune, and other upgrades first, and I say this because of the price of this thing and the minimal gain it nets you. Like its a great intake dont get me wrong prob good for at least 15-20hp but get your bolt ons first to get the most out of it.