Built 6.0 For Trade

built04SS

Ok ss peeps im needing to trade my 6.0 for a nice bbc .... the motor is a iron block 6.0 with stock crank it has been bored i believe 30 over ill have to check. It has h beam rods srp pistons l92 heads with a l92 victor jr intake with 42 lb injectors billet fuel rails... Lmk if u have any ?s im sure im leaving stuff out

what BBC are you looking for? i know a guy that has a built bbc hes looking to trade for a built LS. is this motor setup for boost or what are some more specs on the motor. i know his motor went 10.8s in a 68 street camaro. thats all i really know about it. but hes a good friend and i can find out all the specs of his setup.

I have a nice gen 6 BBC id be interested in trading....

Its in my 2000 3500 truck.Has Hooker longtubes,bigger 80mm throttle body,Screamin Demon tune up kit(ign mod,coil,cap,rotor,and?)Taylor wires,30# SVO red tops(stock is 19#),Volant cold air intake,March Underdrive pulley,dyno tuned via HP Tuners, and a few other things im sure im forgetting.Its a factory roller motor with factory multi point fuel injection.Motor made 301hp/398tq thru a 4l80 trans and 14 bolt rear in my 2000 Silverado.Truck gets 14-15mpg with 4.10 gears if you keep it below 80mph

I also have a set of fresh fully ported and flowed early model 781 heads w/ 2.25/1.88 ss valves id include in the deal...

Sending you a PM...

The motor i got its been bored 30 over its internaly balanced has h beam rods srp flat top pistons with valve reliefs...heads are stock l92 with the victor jr intake to match with 42 lb injectors and fuel rails.... It has not been put together yet i know most people like that so they know what there getting ...... But i need a bbc making over 500 hp just to turn my pump on my jet boat amd thanks broke one but i dont want a gen 6 if its the 8.1 i just took one to the junk yard bc its too damn expensive to build

Mines a 7.4 aka 454.They are cheap to build....I have one of the best off shore BBC builders about 5 minutes from my house,Ron Sporl.We were talking about building my engine into a 496 and for the shortblock,itd be around $2500.

It makes around 400hp/550tq at the flywheel and still has stock cam and stock heads.Bolt the ported heads I have on with a mild cam like the zz502 cam($150) and youd be looking at 550+hp/600tq.

I know alot of builders throw around 500hp-600hp numbers when building big blocks but ive seen WAY to many dyno sheets from Ron and 500hp isnt as easy as most think,even with alot of CI.Hell,a zz502 wont lay down 425hp at the flywheel!!!!

I also have Comp roller rockers to go with the heads...

Fuel injection would make it perfect for a boat!!!**** a carb!

Edited by broke1 (see edit history)

True but id like to still have an older bb because i was gonna put this ls in my boat but dont know and plus i dont feel like spending the money on a harness and computer for that gen 6

If we traded,it'd come with the harness,ecm,distributor,accessorys,alt,etc,etc,all except the ac compressor and lines....Id be swapping your 6.0 into my 7.4l truck so everything youd need to drop it in a vehicle and fire it up(car,truck,or boat!lol)would be included.Im sure you know how much all that little stuff will nickle and dime you to death!!! Im sure youd have to tweak the tune but it'd probably be damn ckise!

With BBC's,older isnt always better.The 1's every 1 wants are the Gen IV(4) and Gen VI(6),except the Gen VI 8.1 which is entirely different than any other BBC.Some build the Gen V(5) but they are bastard motors(like the 8.1) and alot of BBC parts wont interchange(like heads).The Gen 4 and Gen 6,everything will interchange except the Gen 6 has a factory roller cam and the Gen 4 would require retro fit rollers($$$$)Only bad thing if you consider it such is a Gen 6 doesnt have a mechanical fuel pump boss....if you put Gen 4 heads on a Gen 6,Fel Pro makes the correct HG.

Alot of offshore guys are running the Gen 6 454 Vortec heads for a performance gain over the older Gen 4 heads.They have 100cc combustion chambers and are supposedly the best BBC oval port GM has ever made(what GM says in its GMPP catalog)From what I read,the 454 Vortec heads are great heads,they just dont have alot of meat in the right places for a MAX port job.The 454 Vortec heads are also the heads on any iron headed BBC sold by GMPP(General Motors Performance Parts)I didnt want to tear my engine down to have the factory heads ported and everyone(calling shops,shopping forums,and ebay) wanted $700-$800 for a set of stock 454 Vortec heads so I went with the best older head's that had been proven to make major hp,800+hp.The guy I had port them is a SAM graduate and has worked at several top Nascar engine builders and Patriot Performance.He really did a set of BAD ASS heads for me,although for the price,I couldve gotten a nice alum head thatd been ALOT lighter but not performed as well unless I spent another $1000...if anyone reading has ever picked up a BBC iron head,you know these things are back breakers!!!

LS engine would be cool in a boat but wouldnt be near enough tq for you.Tq is king in boats since most of the time,you are running close to peak tq.

Do some searching on offshore boat forums on Ron Sporl and youll see he's the man on BBC stuff!!He helped me with the combo on my truck as he has a few BBC trucks and was interested in what gains he'd see on his 2 crew cab's that he uses to tow 40+ft offshore power boats!!

Sorry for the long post!!lol

ok so do would this come with all the bearings, gaskets, and bolt hardware? or would it still need those? if the BBC was a nasty built motor would you throw $$$ on top or are you looking for a straight trade? Im just getting more info to relate to my buddy.

Engine also has a lower intake that was ported to match the heads....I put it on when I had to take the upper intake manifold off anyways to change the cap/ign module and the fuel pressure regulator(stock 1 fails and causes long cranking times)Would also include the mass air with the engine.All dyno runs were on 87 octane and thats what I run in it.Engine has roughly(its my daily driver) 20k miles since freshened with new bearings/rings/oil pump/timing chain,roller lifters,and gaskets(all GM)Crank was polished std/std and factory cross hatch was still visible so we honed with a tq plate.Has factory forged crank,rods,and pistons.Nothing exotic but then again,BBC stuff is pretty beefy from the factory!!I had planned on putting a 76mm rear mount on it for a 100hp-150hp gain with an increase in fuel mileage and wanted everything in tip top shape but plans changed like they always do!!Has 45# of hot oil pressure in gear and I run Rotella oil/Wix racing filters changed every 3000 miles.

If you decide you might be interested,you can drive b4 you buy and ill give you a place to sleep while I pull the engine and its hardware!lol

If you turn your PM's on or give me an email addy,ill send you my phone # so you can call me.Thanks.