Who Here Has R/C Car,Trucks Plane'S. Nitro Or Electric?

shawnss

So i'm just wonder who here is into R/C toys? I personally have 4 trucks. 3 nitro's and 1 brushless vxl. they are what keep me sane over the long winter month's here in montana. during the summer months i spend most of my time working on the truck and at the local car event's around here. for the last few years i have been getting into bashing R/C car. i mostly just mess around in empty felid's and on the street with them. we do have a r/c track but its 20 miles from where i live. to far to travel just for a r/c track. but this past month they just opened one less than 2 miles from my house. so i think im going to give racing them a try. so if any of you race them some pointer's would be great like what truck/car do you run and is it AWD or 2wd? what size engine's do you run?

heres what i have.

Traxxas revo truck 1/10 scale nitro 2.5 AWD.

Traxxas jato Truck 1/10 scale nitro 3.3 RWD

Traxxas E revo vxl truck 1.16th scale brushless motor AWD

Team Losi XXX-NT 1/10 scacle truck nitro .15 engine RWD

heres a few pictures.

IMG_9896.jpg

IMG_9898-1.jpg

e revo 1/16th brushless motor awd

IMG_9901.jpg

traxxas jato with 3.3 nitro engine rwd

IMG_9902.jpg

team lost xxx-nt nitro .15 engine rwd

IMG_9903.jpg

traxxas revo nitro 2.5 engine awd

IMG_9904.jpg

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I have a Tmaxx 2.5 with upgraded (3.3 never used) and lots of other upgrades

an Emaxx and a electric Rs4 rally car .. i was into them a couple years ago but just haven't had the interest in using them in a while ., i keep meaning to put them up on CL..... chris

I have a Tmaxx 2.5 with upgraded (3.3 never used) and lots of other upgrades

an Emaxx and a electric Rs4 rally car .. i was into them a couple years ago but just haven't had the interest in using them in a while ., i keep meaning to put them up on CL..... chris

yeah that seams to happen to lot of guy's. they buy them enjoy them for a year or so and then lose interest in them. i have had my first rc truck for over 6 years. i didn't find much time last year to mess with them. but i'm going try racing them next year. i even bought the wife one just so she isn't let out. what would you let the t-maxx go for? you can PM me. ive got a buddy who got his stolen and wants another one.

I would like to get a few, but I have no idea were to start.

well first id find out what you will be using it for most. off road or street use or a little of both? next what ever you got i'd make sure its RTR ( ready to run) just means all you need to do is take it out of the boxs charge battery's and fire it up and go. do you want nitro or electric? i'll tell you know a few years back nitro was the way to go. nitro had way more power and they were way faster. but now with all these brushless motors coming out they will run right next to the nitro's if not out run them. the only down fall the i don't like about electric is always having the charge the battery's. plus the lipo battery's for the new brushless motor's are crazy pricey at like $100 buck's a battery. the thing's i like about nitro is that after you have them running good you just keep adding fuel and go. down fall is nitro fuel is pricey also like $32 dollars a gallon. but a gallon of fuel with last a long time. i use maybe 2 gallons a year if i run my trucks a lot. really after you get the hang of tuning nitro engines they are easy to maintain. if your going to do a bit of off road and street bashing i'd go with a AWD truck of some sort. i have had very good luck with the traxxas brand. the are probably the #1 seller of R/C in the world. not sure how much you want to spend. but the 3.3 revo is a BA machine. they are really strong and run hard. they are a great first time truck sense they are monster trucks and can take a beating and they go pretty fast on the street. but they are about $500 to get into. but iv'e also seen guys spend $1300 on the baja trucks rc's. so it really come's down to what you want and how much you want to spend.

I've got a couple old electric R/C cars that are pretty nice but I haven't messed with them in years don't even remeber what they are. I've got a r/c plane thats pretty big as well that I fly at a frozen lake sometimes in the winter, but it's needing a rebuild from one to many crashes lol.... Those look like some pretty fun ones you've got.

Would prefer nitro. Probably mostly off road.Were to you buy the fuel at? Would you recommend buying used, or only new?

um i get my fuel from a local hobby shop. im sure there are some that are local to you? i live in a small town and we have 2 hobby shop's as for buying used. its not a bad idea. get on CL there is always tons for sale. i'd just make sure it run's before you buy one. theres not much to hind why buying used. with these they either work or they don't. they are pretty basic. i have only ever bought one used.but it was from a close friend and he didn't used it much. i'd try to find a used on that is in good condition. cause you don't want to spend a lot of money on something you don't even like.

Thanks,

I would want something I could jump sh*t with for sure.

Guess I need to get on some research.

well then i'd same some sort of a 1/10th scale monster truck. they are strong. i have had my revo for 6 years and have only replaced 2 parts on it. that was both front arms on the right side. thats from running into a fence post at about 40mph. i have jumped it a lot. just look at youtube type in revo jumps.

Revo 3.3 or Tmaxx 3.3?

I've got an S-maxx (2wd no reverse) for sale....I don't know where your at or what shipping would be...upgrades to 4wd and reverse for around $80

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tag/2689258529.html

I have the old yellow Lunch Box Van. They re-released it a few years ago as an RTR. It's all electric. I dont mess with it much, but it was always fun to mess with. Looks cool sitting on my shelf anyway! LOL

I have an electric helicopter that does all those fancy tricks upside and shit! too bad i'm not skilled enough to even get that ****er up in the air! the hobby shop said that if you can fly the mini's which i can then you can fly this as its a starter helicopter!!! total bs!!