I Dash Ipad?

dizl05

Funny you mention those, we just had a thread on this subject yesterday. The guy that made his did it custom and doesn't sell them. Although he did sell his 1st setup when he went on to his 2nd setup. Find someone who is good with fiberglass and epoxy, and they might can do it. I know of no one myself.

Edited by Mr. 3/4 ton SS (see edit history)

Yeah I know it's custom just wondering if anyone knew where to get it done or had any leads. Like I said i don't have the know how to take on a project like this. Well maybe well have some more luck on the thread.

I own an audio shop in Oregon and we have done a couple iPad installs. We actually just sold our demo car that had one built into the dash. Nobody on the market makes a "kit" to do this. Be aware if you are going to do this, make sure the iPad has proper ventilation or the iPad will overheat. In all out reality the pad isn't really car friendly. If you are going to use the pad as the main and only source unit then you will need to use a line driver or some sort of processorhe best thing to do is patch the pad into the aux input of a deck. The you will use the higher voltage preamp of the deck. You can see our install on our web site in the install gallery at www.soundsfast.net. Our demo car is the smart car you will find in there. If you have any audio questions feel free to email me at [[email protected]

[email protected]
name='dizl05' timestamp='1320801325' post='813260]

Does anyone know where to get a iPad in dash kit or anyone in GA or AL that can do it? I saw it on YouTube but its a little more than I can handle.

1321028548[/url]' post='813776']

I own an audio shop in Oregon and we have done a couple iPad installs. We actually just sold our demo car that had one built into the dash. Nobody on the market makes a "kit" to do this. Be aware if you are going to do this, make sure the iPad has proper ventilation or the iPad will overheat. In all out reality the pad isn't really car friendly. If you are going to use the pad as the main and only source unit then you will need to use a line driver or some sort of processorhe best thing to do is patch the pad into the aux input of a deck. The you will use the higher voltage preamp of the deck. You can see our install on our web site in the install gallery at www.soundsfast.net. Our demo car is the smart car you will find in there. If you have any audio questions feel free to email me at [[email protected]

[email protected]
name='dizl05' timestamp='1320801325' post='813260']

Does anyone know where to get a iPad in dash kit or anyone in GA or AL that can do it? I saw it on YouTube but its a little more than I can handle.

Awesome thanks JL I'm bout to check out you site. I don't have the full console in my truck so maybe I'll rig up something in the floor and link it to my system.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I'm gonna add the bottom/floor console to my truck and mod it. That way if I jack it up I won't be out that much. I plan on picky up a console pretty soon and starting the project. It'll probably be very slow tho. Of course I'll take picks and update when done.

I think this would be pretty cool as well. My pioneer 3200 double din and heater controls will stay the same so no big mod there. I just gotta figure out how to mod the bottom/floor console. also might try to work a iPhone dock in there as well for charging and when I don't wanna take the pad. This will probably end up in one big disaster but hey gotta start somewhere.