Are You A Label Flipper?

idahoBLKss

are any of you guys label flippers? and im not talking about checking to see how many calories or fat are in something, im talking about to see if its made in the USA patriot.gif . i just started doing this this year cause im tired of our jobs and money going over seas to people that hate us. maybe im crazy but i wont buy something anymore unless its made in america and this goes for EVERYTHING unless there are no options but to buy it from else where like tv's not sure on that i havent bought one since ive started doing this but i dont think there are any that are made in america dunno.gif . surprisingly when i leave the supermarket or hardware store with nothing but stuff that is made in america i feel extremely good inside and out even thou i usually pay a little more for it but dam its a good feeling and is worth every penny extra i spent on the stuff.

i went to wallmart the other day and my lil girls needed some markers to draw with to i was looking down the isle and was like ok here we go and surprising enough it appeared to be the the crayola stuff was all made in america along with there huge coloring books witch i was extremely happy about but of course the knock off brands were right next to them in the same colors and were really hard to tell the difference besides that they were like 70 cents cheaper or so and guess where they were made ??? of course china lol .

so im wondering if anybody else is like me and is as anal about it as i em, if not you should do us all a favor and try next time your out and see if you can buy all american stuff or at least flip the box and see where its made, i think you will be surprised to find out , like i was surprised to see that allot of the juices were made in china .

Yes this is very important to me. I always choose made in USA products but not anal about it. If there is an option than made in US it is. If not than I just go with whats there. When it comes to the truck parts yes all USA made if possible. Was a deciding factor too when I bought my rims.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

I try to buy American as much as possible. But its very difficult somethimes. Like you said you cant buy a TV that is made in America. Clothing is getting harder and harder to find. I use to buy Lucky jeans because they use to all be made in the USA now only some of them are.

Some product do not say where they are made. Here is a link to a site that explains how you can tell by the Barcode

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2268090/posts

only canadian or american. This is my lifestyle. One thing that really ticks me off is we live in apple country, and we get apple cider from china at the local supermarkets. Have to go to the local orchard to get domestic its disgusting....

Whats wrong with Mexico... My parents are from Mexico....They dont hate US... I was born here and Im proud to be American and I am proud of my Mexican culture as well..as far as labels it is hard...certain items are just made better in other places.. but I guess you do feel better when you know its made here.

I was very disappointed to find out the the GMC Sierra Denali I just bought was built in Mexico (although our SS's were built in Canada).

I was very disappointed to find out the the GMC Sierra Denali I just bought was built in Mexico (although our SS's were built in Canada).

lol you want them to be from mexico the cananda ones suck, the ones made in mexico from 03-05 had special 5.3's they were doing new test or somethingif they have 5.3's my moms suburban would leave a posi burnout to 3rd gear lol my buddy has one from mexico and he did a bunch of research on it, and it was like 20-30 more horspower

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

Naaa Hank. Feel good about that purchase because any profit from that sale went to a company that is based in the US, pays US taxes and is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Even though the truck may have been built outside the US, the profits grow the AMERICAN economy. This is where the Import buyers have a clouded understanding as the profit on an import, while sometimes made in the US, ultmately goes overseas.

I do my best to buy Made in the USA as well.

I definitely like buying stuff that is made in the US more and I try to when possible. I'm excited that most of the new replacement parts for my 1957 Chevy are made in the USA! Probably about 75% of all the stuff I got for it is US made. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Absolutely, I was looking at tires for the SS the other day and quickly found out what tire companies are based in America. I will always drive an american truck, and i'm into bicycling a lot and when it was time for me to purchase my first pro bike I went with the American company Trek. Why? Because it's made here in America of course.