Re-Doing The Exhaust

Jordan836

Whats up guys I havent had a chance to get on here for a while been super busy with work and some other things so the truck hasnt gotten to much attention latley but figured it was time to give it some! I just put on new bilsteins all around and cranked my torsion bars back to stock height and put on some beltech drop spindles to go with the drop shackles in the back and it rides so much better. Now I just have to fix my exhaust. Once I put my LTs on and deleted the cats and had a custom 3in Y pipe fabbed up with a SI/SO 14in 5X8 magnow flow muffler and had it exiting infront of the rear tire with the stock SS tip it sounds awesome at cruising speeds and in town but once I get it on it it makes that terrible clapping noise and I just cant take it anymore. Ive pretty much narrowed it down to 2 possible solutions. I have a dynomax bullet thats been sitting in my garage for over a year thats pretty much brand new that I was thinking about welding in before the 14in magnaflow I have now, but theres another part of me that ones to try one of the magnaflow DI/DO tru X mufflers but was looking on some suggestions on what I should do. Im leaning towards the DI/DO tru x magnalow because from what Ive heard on youtube it has a pretty nice deep tone which is what im looking for and I also wouldnt mind if it quieted it down a bit not to much but a little quieter wouldnt hurt! So im open to opinons let me know what you think!

I have heard a lot of good reviews on those Magnaflows DI/DO mufflers so my opinion would be to give it a shot, can't hurt right? I also raised my torsion bars and put the Belltech spindles on and it rides much better, a wise choice to make IMO.

Ya I think im going to give the DI/DO magnaflow a try. I just have to decide where I want it to exit. I like having it exit in front of the rear tire and wouldnt mind keeping it there or I was thinking of running it into the stock location. I dont want to do duals straight out the back so my other thought was to dump it under the bed. And ya cranking the torsion bars down was a terrible idea the truck rode like garbage the shocks that were on it were really bad to so that could have been a big part of it too but with them cranked back up and the spindles and new bilsteins it rides awesome. The bilsteins are a little on the stiff side but its almost a good stiff and they made the truck handle quite a bit better too.

I have dual Magnaflow but both are single in single out and I love the sound

:bs:

LOL

Lets hear it

I have a Magnaflow 3" DI/DO dumped under the bed......... Crazy loud drone and shakes the hell out of the truck. Gonna run my Borla out in front of the wheel next.

Which DI/DO is it? Theres 2 I think ones a 28 and ones a 24in? Do you think part of the drone is just because its dumped under the bed? Or do you think it wold still drone if I had it exit out the side wheather it be infront or behind the rear tire? Which borla are you going to run? I was also thinking about doing a borla instead but wasnt sure which one I should get. I dont mind hearing the exhaust cruising down the high way I just dont want that annoying resonation drone that makes the whole truck vibrate and sound like you ave 3 15in subs just pulsating in the back seat!

This is the one I have on the truck now. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-12469/ It's the 24" case.

This is the Borla I have. I went with this one over the XR-1 because it has offset in/outlets. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BOR-40359/

I had the stock tail pipe for a year and a half with the MagnaFlow, and it was quiet with some drone at around 2k-2800. When I dumped it before the axle is when it got LOUD, and drones and shakes the truck. My turndowns are pointed down and out towards the wheel too.

The reason I bought the Borla is for when the turbo goes on. But I might be putting that on soon with my cutout and running it out in front of the rear wheel.

:bs:

LOL

Lets hear it

:omg::M16:

Oh no you didn't :nono:

lol

This is the one I have on the truck now. http://www.summitrac...arts/MPE-12469/ It's the 24" case.

This is the Borla I have. I went with this one over the XR-1 because it has offset in/outlets. http://www.summitrac...arts/BOR-40359/

I had the stock tail pipe for a year and a half with the MagnaFlow, and it was quiet with some drone at around 2k-2800. When I dumped it before the axle is when it got LOUD, and drones and shakes the truck. My turndowns are pointed down and out towards the wheel too.

The reason I bought the Borla is for when the turbo goes on. But I might be putting that on soon with my cutout and running it out in front of the rear wheel.

I wonder if I went with the 28in case magnaflow with a built in X pipe and ran it to the factory location if it would drone like that. Im also a little worried the 28in case might be a little too quiet. The noise isnt what bothers me at the moment its the clapping noise almost sounds like theres a playing card at the end of my exhaust when I get on it which I think is because of how small the current magnaflow that I have on there is. I drive the truck from CT to FL every year and I just also want to make sure I dont get something that is going to drone so bad it shakes the truck. I dont mind engine noise at cruising speeds but the drone that some mufflers give is miserable. Right now I have the exhaust going 2 into 1 before the muffler going into a SI/SO 14in magnaflow and Im also trying to decide if I should put it back to dual inlet or leave it a single inlet and just get a longer SI/SO muffler.

• 4 weeks later...