Dealer pricing

Looner

While waiting for my new black SS to come in, I visited another dealer here in Northern California to see what they had on the lot. The salesman there said that he had sold one blue SS for MSRP + $4000, or approximately $44,200 beore TTL fees, etc.

Has anyone seen this type of mark-up in other areas?

I know that the SS is hot and the latest/greatest from Chevrolet, but a 4 grand premium is too much... on a vehicle that is already marked up approximately 5 grand over dealer cost, with no incentives (other than 0% financing)... something has got to give, and it may be that I give mine back to the next highest bidder. Too bad...

While waiting for my new black SS to come in, I visited another dealer here in Northern California to see what they had on the lot. The salesman there said that he had sold one blue SS for MSRP + $4000, or approximately $44,200 beore TTL fees, etc.

I know that the SS is hot and the latest/greatest from Chevrolet, but a 4 grand premium is too much... on a vehicle that is already marked up approximately 5 grand over dealer cost, with no incentives (other than 0% financing)... something has got to give, and it may be that I give mine back to the next highest bidder. Too bad...

Looner I have a Black SS with all equipment except XM radio and Onstar getting built the week of April 21 and I discount well below MSRP. I already have it with California Emissions and I can still have it dropped shipped to a dealer near you. Let me know if I can help you out. Thanks!!

:cheers::seeya::flag:

While waiting for my new black SS to come in, I visited another dealer here in Northern California to see what they had on the lot.  The salesman there said that he had sold one blue SS for MSRP + $4000, or approximately $44,200 beore TTL fees, etc.

I know that the SS is hot and the latest/greatest from Chevrolet, but a 4 grand premium is too much... on a vehicle that is already marked up approximately 5 grand over dealer cost, with no incentives (other than 0% financing)... something has got to give, and it may be that I give mine back to the next highest bidder.  Too bad...

Phil it was great talking to you. I'll see what I can do on my end with your trade, and hopefully you'll be driving a Black SS very soon. All the best to you.

:cheers::seeya::flag:

Archived