Obx Longtubes

tayldss

Hey guys, I got to installing my longtubes and it looks like I got the wrong midpipe? Driverside o2 sensors can't get in because they hit the front driveshaft... Could I have gotten a 2wd by accident?

Also, my egr flange did not come plugged on the passenger header...:confused:

If any of you out there that has this obx kit could check out the pic and let me know if anything looks different, I'd really appreciate it. This has become way more involved than I expected it to be.

Thanks post-18170-041082100 1321392416_thumb.jpg

Edited by tayldss (see edit history)

Hey guys, I got to installing my longtubes and it looks like I got the wrong midpipe? Driverside o2 sensors can't get in because they hit the front driveshaft... Could I have gotten a 2wd by accident?

Also, my egr flange did not come plugged on the passenger header...:confused:

If any of you out there that has this obx kit could check out the pic and let me know if anything looks different, I'd really appreciate it. This has become way more involved than I expected it to be.

Thanks post-18170-041082100 1321392416_thumb.jpg

Those look right. if i remember right the front 02 is really tight but you can get just enough adjustment out of it and mine didnt come with an egr block off either. Just get the right metric size allen head cap screw to to block it off. I just used some red threadlocker and snugged it down and havent had a problem yet. I believe its an m8 x 1.0 but im not completely sure. But heres a picture of mine.

post-21047-077704000 1321393338_thumb.jpg

Had same issue with mine. Buddy welded new o2 bung on mid pipe to let it clear the drive shaft. Also made a plate to block pass. egr. Also made custom "brackets" on driver side to keep plug wires off headers. Other than those things I have no complaints.

Edited by GreenMtnSS (see edit history)

Here's what I'm workin with... right now the two that wont clear the drive shaft are closed off with bolts while I try and figure out if OBX just sent me something wrong. I thought these setups were supposed to be a direct bolt-on for our trucks?

post-18170-036411700 1321409862_thumb.jpg

How would it run without those two on that side for say... 20miles if I had to?

bungs are in the correct location you only have to use the one directly after the cat the one further down stream is for a wideband setup. From what i remember from my install i had to twist that part just a little to get the clearence need for the o2 sensor and you shjould have gotten an allen head plug in the bag with your gaskets to seal the EGR off. any questions feel free to ask. Also make sure you have plenty of clearence inbetween yous driverside collector and the front driveshaft yoke mine rubbed at first and i had to heat up my header adn push it in a bit to get the proper clearence.

those are correct. the silverado SS do not have a Y. and yes i had the same problem with the rear 02 hitting the front driveshaft. its deleted from my tune anyway so i just put a plug on it and disconnected the sensor. if your still running the rear 02's have a bung welded in and move it there