Krypton Bulbs Suck

So I ordered a set of HID's for the wifes car along with HID fog lamps. Took forever to get them in but ok I got them. The color was wrong I ordered a 8K and was sent a 6K. Big woop I can deal with that. Installed all the lights all looked good no problems. A few days later one of the fog lamps started to flash so I pulled the ballast out and swapped it with another one and it worked fine. So putting it all back together I e-mail/call leave messages to replace the broken ballast. Well its mid NOV now and still no return call or e-mail and that was over a month ago. Now Lara tells me she has no headlights at all. All fuses are good ect ect. So I am going to have to more than likely buy more headlight untill I get this Krypton Bulbs thing situated. I am not going to let up on theses jerks and if I do not hear from them with in the next two weeks I will take legal action and the BBB will be contacted.

I just wanted to warn everyone about this piss poor business and avoid them like aids

Wow I am really sorry to hear about that. I feel bad because i was the one that introduced that company to this site. I know that they can be hard to get ahold of but I have never really heard anything about their ballasts going bad so quickly. I will forward the owner a link to this thread so he can see the bed he has made for himself.

Edited by Stg313 (see edit history)

For what its worth, Josh is supposedly back and running his business again. http://www.yamaha-forums.com/showthread.php/526-Kryptonbulbs.com-Lets-Rectify-your-problem-thread

I linked to this thread over on that site so that he can come over here and hopefully make this right for you.

I've had mine for awhile now. Mine flickered on the passenger side so I gave it time to "break in" the ballest a bit. After a few hours of use they were fine and never flickered again. I haven't had a problem with him, fast shipping, fair price good quality. Just sayin :dunno: I'm sure josh will help you out, seems like a good guy. I'm sure he doesn't want to stain his rep.

I have ddm in my sss and have had no problems with them. I figured krypton would be good to use heard good things but this needs fixed.

Thanks for forwarding this hope hê squares this away

Its just very frustrating. When I went with DDM ppl was saying how crappy they were ect ect but I have had no issues with my lights and got reply and they answered the phone. Thing that sucks the most is I am back in Korea and there is a 18 hr time diff and plus my wife is home to deal with this crap herself. I am just very upset about the whole situation.

I think I should get new set of both heads and fogs or refund me my money so I can go to DDM.

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Did you ever get this taken care of? i ordered a second set early this month and have yet to recieve a response or kit. I have even blew up his personal email and still nothing. If not how/did you get your money back. its just b/s i ordered the exact same kit middle of 2011 and recieved them 3 days later.