Bare Metal Stripes

so i have just gotten my SSS recently and i am young so she is plenty fast for me. usually i am all about engine and transmission but that department GM did fine for me. (for nowAngel_anim.gif) So i have decided that i am gonna save up for her to look better she looks good but its my truck and i want her to reflect me. Now i do not know how many people on here get the magazine Truckin but they are doing a project truck called novakane and i love the bare metal stripes they did. I was sorely disappointed only to see it on the hood. i do not even know if the stripes on the tailgate are bare metal because it is not as shiny and random like the hood's. Now do you think if i save up and got enough money, that i could get some bare metal stripes on the hood roof , tonneau cover (its fiberglass and i do not wanna buy a new one), and tailgate???

here is a link to the paint and body article they did

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/1113tr_project_novakane_2004_gmc_sierra_paint_body/index.html

post-22915-043820200 1321923376_thumb.jpg

those are pretty sweet. with enough money you can do anything lol. i say go for it. any good custom body/paint shop could do it.

...should i can any good custom body/paint shop and ask how much it would be to set my goal for "enough money" and i am still curious will i have to get a new cover because i really do not wanna buy another one or do you think they could paint something that looks like bare metal or would that look bad. because it would not match perfectly

Hate to be close minded, but I'm not feeling it. And I don't think you can get the bare metal look on composite the "easy" way, that will cost big bucks to do and still may not look right. I say, if you want racing stripes, get some vinyl stick ons. If you're anything like me you'll get tired of them after a while and pull em' off.

Hate to be close minded, but I'm not feeling it. And I don't think you can get the bare metal look on composite the "easy" way, that will cost big bucks to do and still may not look right. I say, if you want racing stripes, get some vinyl stick ons. If you're anything like me you'll get tired of them after a while and pull em' off.

i know this is not exactly what you are saying but i am thinking maybe i could get some stripes from my uncle for really cheap save up my money and if i do not them by the time i have enough money ill just spend it on something else what that will be i guess i will figure out later

Keep them off the roof. Do it in the tail gate and hood only.

is that to keep costs done or do you think it would look better

iamwithstupid.gif I couldn't have said it better myself.

If I was going for that sort of look I would choose the Marble process. You could get it in that silver/ gunmetal color. If you have ever seen it in person, it looks SICK!

You could tell people you skinned at bowling ball, and gorilla glued it to your truck.