Dei Ss Suspension

f1ss

The suspension for the Intimidator is different than the the other SS trucks. It rides a little bit lower and I like the stance, a 2/2 drop is too much.

So the question is has anyone used the Tenneco shocks, the more stiff front stabalizer bar, two stage multi-leaf springs (are the awd leaf springs two stage?) and harder front jounce bumpers on the awd trucks?

Just curious to see if anyone has done the DEI SS setup yet on an AWD and if so how do you like it? Sorry if these are tedious questions, just trying to expand knowledge on suspenion, which I dont know much about.

Thank you all. :chevrolet:

I believe your 06 came with the same suspension as the DEI, I could be wrong. They made 1033 but only badged 933, I believe the leftover black 06s and 07s were the other 200, could be wrong though. You at stock height sir?

thank you brobrad :pepsicheer:

I will try to hunt down some part numbers however my dealership never heard of the DEI SS until I brought it up, at least in the Silverado edition (they had alot of DEI SS Monte Carlo editions). I dont want to ask for VIN numbers, hopefully i can just hunt down the parts at the dealerships computer somehow.

thank you brobrad :pepsicheer:

I will try to hunt down some part numbers however my dealership never heard of the DEI SS until I brought it up, at least in the Silverado edition (they had alot of DEI SS Monte Carlo editions). I dont want to ask for VIN numbers, hopefully i can just hunt down the parts at the dealerships computer somehow.

I know the suspension set up is different and is part of the ISS PAckage that made it different than the others

Andy aren't you the one that wanted to know why people take ISS parts and put them on SS'S??? (just a question)

And also why are you going to lower your truck when you want Krambo's?? And also why not just buy aftermarket lowering part rather then getting ISS parts

Again just some questions

yes i do want krambo's truck, but that is between himself and I.

I just think the appearance mods should stay with the DEI SS, everyone lowers these trucks. But to to add DEI SS appearance package i think destroys the value of a true Intimadator, like slapping on an M3 badge on a normal 3 series car. The aftermarket parts are to low, the DEI SS is not at a 2/2, I believe, I am not 100% sure.

Im facing shoulder reconstruction, elbow and wrist surgery. Timing isnt great, but his one of a kind truck is worth pursuing no matter what condition I am in. Even if I did purchase his truck I wouldnt say anything until a few months later or maybe anything at all, I dont want a high profile truck as that known where it is :chevrolet:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

2GCEC19N761137077 this one was totaled real bad.... Its at an auction So I am sure its no big deal.

Thank you so much sir, I cant say enough how much it is appreciated. I heard of a guy stealing VINs in NY that transferred them onto Canadian vehicles that were fakes. One reason I did not want to ask for a VIN on a collectible SS truck. But since it is totalled, :pepsicheer: to you my friend. Thank you again so much. I look forward to this suspension, should help the awd out in corners and that is where I rage my truck. :chevrolet:

edit - you got me pumped, im calling my dealership tommorow. Heck they never heard of the DEI SS, I might have a job at the end of the day behind the parts counter tomm :pepsicheer::chevrolet:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Thank you so much sir, I cant say enough how much it is appreciated. I heard of a guy stealing VINs in NY that transferred them onto Canadian vehicles that were fakes. One reason I did not want to ask for a VIN on a collectible SS truck. But since it is totalled, :pepsicheer: to you my friend. Thank you again so much. I look forward to this suspension, should help the awd out in corners and that is where I rage my truck. :chevrolet:

edit - you got me pumped, im calling my dealership tommorow. Heck they never heard of the DEI SS, I might have a job at the end of the day behind the parts counter tomm :pepsicheer::chevrolet:

It was publically avalible online and that particular one was completely detroyed unfortunitly...

FWIW Since they only made 1,823 Black SS Silverado In 2006 and 933 were DEI models that leaves 890 Standard Black 06 SS trucks. DEI planed to make 1033 but the numbers were scaled back from a lack of sales. They were not alloted the last 100 Vehicales. This is eveident buy Low Production numbers and the fact that GM even offered cloth interiors as an option to reduce the cost.

Like the guy in new york, People can put the badges and all the stuff they want on it but with out the proper documentation and ownership history of the truck from a collector Stand point its just another SS.

Actually, I would like to know if the 05 2wd Shocks and Torsion Bars are different from the AWD since you could have either option in 05...

according to wikipedia only the Intimidators had the suspension difference like BroBrad agreed. The stock height on 05s seem the same when I was next to one, but who knows if their a bit stiffer. I just cant do a 2/2, not my thing nor do the frost heaves and bumps here take them well. I believe it was just the 1st half production SS' were AWD, and 2nd half were RWD. Thus making the 2006s a special truck. I wish I could get my hands on an 06 black or 07 black truck but Krambo's is my concentration now.

Thank you sir so much again :thumbsup::thumbsup::chevrolet: