E-Fan Swap ?

ok so i know i guy with a 05 tahoe z71 that he is trading in. it has the factory e-fans and my 02 has regular fan and shroud. on pt.net there is a write up on putting 05 fans on a 99-02 and it shows everything i need and i wanted to swich setups with him. my questions are, if i pull out all factory harness to make it work on mine will it have any lights come on? im pretty sure the fan wiring has air bag and horn wiring with it as well so i can take apart harness and leave that stuff. (its got a service air bag light already). if i put my shroud and regular fan on it, i belive the fan cluch comes on with a thermo spring so i dont think the tahoe will have any cooling issuse cause it will still engauge and cool it? next, i have a 28'' radiator and the tahoe has the 34''. will this be a problem on my truck? will the fans physiclly not fit? im sure the shroud will still fit the tahoe. i can handle all the wiring and stuff to make work on mine. i have to turn fans on with the #42 pin in the PCM so i know a custom tune will be needed on my part. i posted this on this site cause i know theres some very smart people on here who are always ready to help. i know this seems like alot of work but im ready if it will save me $300+. thanks guys!

You need the 34" radiator to physically make them fit as they mount to the radiator at the bottom I believe. Yeah the clutch fan from your truck should go onto the tahoe except that sometimes the water pump isn't threaded for a fan on the newer years so you might want to check that before going into your swap. Good luck!

Edit also check Car-Part.com for Ohio (searches junk yards) anyways looks like you've got a wide selection of fans from wrecked truck from about 100-200, which isn't a bad price. Select 05 Chevy Silverado and then A/C condenser fan as the part and it will bring up the list of the fans.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

hmm...ok mat thanks alot. it does have the threaded pump for the fan to screw on to which kinda suprised me. what do you think about swiching the whole radiators? both core supports have the holes for each and my trucks already torn apart at my shop so i think it might be easy. just concerned about opening up my cooling system and how i would get enuff cooant back in the motor and radiator so nothing freezes this winter

hmm...ok mat thanks alot. it does have the threaded pump for the fan to screw on to which kinda suprised me. what do you think about swiching the whole radiators? both core supports have the holes for each and my trucks already torn apart at my shop so i think it might be easy. just concerned about opening up my cooling system and how i would get enuff cooant back in the motor and radiator so nothing freezes this winter

Yeah you could swap out radiators, just disconnect the trans cooler lines, and oil cooler lines if equipped make sure the tahoe doesnt have an oil cooler connected to the radiator where your truck might not. Because then you'll run into issues with the swap as the tahoe won't have an oil cooler. Also just save the coolabt out of both trucks and refill the radiators when done. Shouldn't give you any issues.